Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duane2135

Summer is fading

7 posts in this topic

I may have missed the Bimini trip this year, and Bimini definitely won't be the same after Irma.

But I did have a little fun this summer.  The friend that inspired me to get a drone this year put this together from his footage taken on the Knutty Kutty.  Enjoy

Unable to watch the video. Probably because I'm not of the exclusive membership of facebook.

The weather here in Buffalo the past couple of weeks has been outstanding. I have pretty much made up for all the time lost earlier this season. I crammed 3 days of boating in this week. I'm pooped!

But the season is coming close to an end. The leaves are starting to turn  and some are falling and the days are getting shorter and cooler. Currently, my boat is covered up in the driveway waiting for the remains of Irma to arrive. She just won't stop. And, I'm headed to RSW in about an hour to help out with my families home so I have to drive through her! I-79.  

Nice video. Looks like you had some fun. This weekend looks to be the last hurrah for the season for us.  Supposed to be pretty nice.  Ironically a better weekend than most of the weekends in August.  

SST

Best green summer we have had on the river. But you called it. Well fed tree roots are putting the plants to sleep early this year.  Water plants are still green.

Been a good summer.  High water took a while to get used to.

We have had nothing but sun and warm weather for the past couple of weeks.   Trying to do as much boating as possible.  Color's are appearing on the trees making river cruises fun.  We have three weekends left and then it's done for us.

Oct 1  and they chain the entrances .     :captain:

Then it is to my basement hobby workshop to finish the 6 .....4' long racing hydroplane boats for very old racing boat friends.

One was killed 2 weeks ago in a boat flip up & over right next to a close friend. He is overreacting I think. Wants to sell all of his race boats.  He has had wonderful  times with the " sport ".  Social, pit  B S , hosting events.  Lost a favorite wife & favorite son. Life has hurt him deeply. But if we stop doing the thing we spent massive amounts of time, money, get togethers & bandages on. Life is a bore. Seniors run up against this sometime.   So 1 friend has given me the green light to help bring the group together again if possible with the large models. As most are in 70s. I will see about just buying ready made boats & rc equipment to get the guys back into selecting their boat colors on each boat.

Hate to see great people tossing in the towel. Need to jump start the social juices flowing again.    :wub: