lgarripee

Help me identify connector

5 posts in this topic

I'm trying to figure out what this harness is supposed to connect to.

I have a 2008 220 ssi and is part of the wiring group in the port side storage area behind the glove box where the stereo is located.

Any ideas? Thanks!

IMG_3736_zpspioaioo8.jpg~original

It looks like a power lead (possibly one switched, one constant, based on the colors used on my boat.  I suggest putting a test meter on it--put the negative on a known good ground and then test each line on that connector.

It could be for the macerator light but since you done have a head its not used, thero a meter on it see if it has powerI

Check Chap's 2008 brochure for your boat and look at optional electrical equipment they had offered for your boat. Boats are often prewired for the optional equipment which might be installed in the factory or by the dealer.

1 hour ago, Richard W said:

Check Chap's 2008 brochure for your boat and look at optional electrical equipment they had offered for your boat. Boats are often prewired for the optional equipment which might be installed in the factory or by the dealer.

Yep!

Remember too, that on boats the Negative lead is yellow not black. It is a 12v connector, if it is switched or not is another question.