newboat2016

Out w/ the V Hull - In with the Pontoon

10 posts in this topic

I joined this forum  because I thought I was about to pull the trigger on a new Chap H2O. At the last minute, that deal fell apart (bad dealer) and I ended up with a used Sea Ray. I've always felt a little out of place here, but the forum was so friendly and there was so much valuable info that I hung around and tried to contribute when I could.

After almost two seasons of loving my 2008 Sea Ray 195 Sport,  I had a better  idea of the  conditions on the lake we boat on (Lake Anna, VA), and how we really use the boat. I decided that a nice Tritoon was probably the best for us, and about a month ago I took delivery of a new 2017 Sweetwater 2286 WB Tritoon with a Yamaha 150. It cruises at 40+ mph, corners on a dime, and slides over the sometimes rough water. We love it!!  The Sea Ray sold yesterday, so I'm now fully part of the "Pontoon Revolution".

I just wanted to thank everyone here for all the great info, and for making me feel welcom even though I never owned a Chap. This is a great forum and I'm sure I'll lurk here from time to time.   Thanks again!!!

Congrats, and while I am personally not a pontoon guy, I understand why so many people are. One of my good boating friends has one and I will say they are very practical for lots of water activities. With lots of room and the ability to tow, fish and entertain they will be very popular for generations to come.

Have fun and don't be a stranger ... a pontoon boat is a boat after all.

I've met a few that have switched and they love them for the ride and other stuff.

Pontoons are like mini-vans till you have one, you say "why didn't I do this earlier".:lol:

Good luck stop by anytime.....

43 minutes ago, brick said:

But I need a pointy end, to know which way is "forward "...

brick

Haha.  Pontoons/Tritoons have 2/3 pointy ends.  More is better:)

13 hours ago, Toddler said:

I've met a few that have switched and they love them for the ride and other stuff.

Pontoons are like mini-vans till you have one, you say "why didn't I do this earlier".:lol:

Good luck stop by anytime.....

Funny...haven't had a minivan since the kids were little but totally agree here.  

Congrats!  I understand the pontoon trend.  

We frequent Lake Anna annually and can see where a pontoon would be a blast on the lake.

We always go with another family who has a toon and they carry everything and tie up at the volleyball net while we do watersports off my boat.

But when it comes time to hit Tim's or Anna Cabanas, we all hop on the toon and get the party started.  ;)