Thumb520

Cleaning products

6 posts in this topic

Getting closet to the time for me to pull the boat for the season.  I'm looking to the seasoned pros on the chat forum to help point me in good cleaning products to use.

I few notes, I started getting black spots on the white seats. Swim platform picked up a yellow spot from gas. 

Thanks in advanced !

Boat IMG_0935.JPG

I agree with Phil, I also use 3m products. On real tough spots I'll use Soft-Scrub, then vinyl conditioner.

As for wax any good marine wax is good. No need to use a cleaner wax unless it's has a lot of oxidation on it.

Never use Armoral

To get things really clean Dawn dish soap is the best.  Just keep in mind it strips wax and will need another coat.  Aerospace 303 can be used for seats have also used in on fiberglass.

If the black spots are spider poop ? I try 2 passes of something like 409. Still some there? I use a CLEAN WHITE CLOTH. Put on a rubber glove  Wrap the cloth around a finger. Then only wet the finger tip with STRAIGHT BLEACH. NOT SOAKING , DRIPPING WET !!!!!!!  Damp. Rub the bleach in on a sunny day. About 15 to 30 seconds of rubbing. Wipe up any excess wetness. Check it every 5 minutes. Stops getting lighter. Redo the wet finger rubbing. ALWAYS removed any stains from white plastic.

Finally a clean water rub to remove any left over bleach.  KEEP OFF THE STITICHES IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.  I bleached my stitches & no breaking problems. Did it since brand new in 2002.

Never did bleach on white Sunbrella. Or any colored plastic seat coverings. Poop on colors sometimes did not always remove completely.