Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wendy R

Boat beeping

8 posts in this topic

My 2013 19 ft H2O starting beeping 2 times every minute . I pulled off to the side and shut it off for about 45 minutes.Ran it for another 30 minutes no more beeping ? Any ideas?

As you can see from the list, there are many possibilities.  You'll need to get your dealer to check it out for you. Hopefully you're still under warranty.

12 hours ago, Wendy R said:

My 2013 19 ft H2O starting beeping 2 times every minute . I pulled off to the side and shut it off for about 45 minutes.Ran it for another 30 minutes no more beeping ? Any ideas?

As it's beeps every minute, it is not classified as a critical alarm like oil pressure, drive oil level, overheat, over-speed, etc. It's likely a failing sensor or IAC valve, and a quick read with the scan tool will tell the story.  W

My issue doesn’t sound like yours but I just returned from the dealer for a mysterious beep that occurred only while underway with no sequence. Just a random, intermittent beep.  

Of course when the service tech got in the boat we initially had trouble getting it to sound although it happened every time we went out this year.  We finally got it to sound after making a throttle adjustment and again after hitting a wake.  

The tech found a loose 90 amp fuse block on the starter that led to the dash/ignition switch.  He tightened it by hand and it didn’t return.  So we pulled the boat and he replaced it.  Put back in the water and still never sounded again. Tech feels confident that we got it.  I’m sure hoping!! 

I have a 5.0 tks so no computer plug in help.  

Try this, there is a plug (about the size of your big trailer plug) towards the rear of he engine that connects everything together. Give it a wiggle and push it together tight. This happened to me just after I got mine. After talking to my guy about it he suggested that  try this first and it worked. 

Wingnut I replaced the IAC value,ran ok for awhile. It started beeping when I went from forward to idle then backwards ,then back forward I shut it down for 30 minutes ,then ran it for another 30 minutes with no beeps.