watson524

Do people have camper tops on open bows?

14 posts in this topic

Odd, and possibly stupid, question but.... do they make camper tops for open bows? I'm thinking if you got in a storm or something or wanted to make it an overniter, you could close the windshield and cockpit door thing, throw on a camper top and make do. This would be on a boat with an arch

And the only way to attach to the arch are those rail things right? Which I'm not sure how THEY attach to the arch but I don't think I'd want screws in my arch

Try marinecanopy.com. They make three sizes of pre-fab`d enclosures for open bow boats. Prices are kind of salty, but they look well made.

Thanks for the suggestions! Just something I was thinking about for the next boat. Putting on the bow cover would probably help for the front too

my 256 came with the full camper canvas.  The bow cover goes on and the eisenglass enclosure comes down from the arch.  I have used it in the rain before but it's a bit of a PITA so I rarely even carry it.  When my daughter was little, she and I would sleep on the boat and use it tho

22 minutes ago, MonkeySeaII said:

my 256 came with the full camper canvas.  The bow cover goes on and the eisenglass enclosure comes down from the arch.  I have used it in the rain before but it's a bit of a PITA so I rarely even carry it.  When my daughter was little, she and I would sleep on the boat and use it tho

Do you by chance have any pictures with it up and what it looks like around the arch? I'm thinking for the new boat if we want to say go up/down the Hudson or possibly stay over somewhere it's a good alternative since we don't have a cruiser.

Ok so it looks like you basically use the rails that I guess things slide into mounted on the arch. My guess is it's not something I'd use all that often so is it worth the trouble and also having the rails on the arch all the time. #firstworldproblems :)

I have an encloser but haven't used it all that much.

I'm a Holiday Inn kind-a guy, so is The Admiral.B)