brower22

Twin 2350's side by side pics

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, new member. I have had my blue 1986 Chaparral 235XLC since last year. Great boat, full camper top that we use for weekend trips to the erie islands. I just recently found a 1989 2350SX that was for sale on ebay near Columbus. It has an 07 496 Mercruiser MAG in it (375hp). I took the bite and won the auction; drove 3 hours each way from Cleveland to columbus to get it on Saturday morning. I am hoping that my camper top will fit the 89 with little modification. If all goes to plan and the 89 runs well, I will probably be listing the 86 for sale in the spring. While I had the opportunity, I wanted to get these in the water next to eachother for a photo session. With the integrated swim platform, the 89 actually feels a little smaller than the 86. You can definitely notice this in the cabin, the 86 has much more room. Figured I would share! Will be winterizing both soon.

IMG_7126.JPG

IMG_7123.JPG

IMG_7135.JPG

nice.  yeah about those years when they started to integrate the swim platform and count it against you, giving you less boat per say. 

It is shorter, you will not have as much boat in the water when running.  Denny.

2ll235c.jpg