jeffk

Ft lauderdale boat show

16 posts in this topic

Went to the show yesterday.

It seemed more crowded than usual.

I went on quite a few boats.

we really like the Jeanneau NC 11.

I also liked the Monterey 33.

Quite surprisingly I really liked the searay cruisers with outboards.

I saw Richard from our Bimini trip....check the website, they are doing port lucaya

next year.

Highlight of the show....I met John Griviskas

from ship  shape tv......very nice guy.

Many thanks to Volvo Penta for the comped tickets

I go to the show with a budget.

My wife wants a bigger boat more than I do!

1 hour ago, jeffk said:

I go to the show with a budget.

My wife wants a bigger boat more than I do!

I saw $60 for parking and that exceeded my budget. Ha...  We are actually looking at Punta Gorda real estate so twin outboards and a covered hydra-hoist might be in my future.  W

I like the Jeanneau NC 11 also.  We spent a lot of time on our Sig 300 this past summer.  I can see making the change to something like the NC-11, or Carver C34/C37 several years down the road.

That nc 11 is really set up nice.

I would have to test drive one as the top speed listed with two 200 hp vp diesel engines is 35 mph.

That would equate to running speed of roughly 27mph.

That would be great, I just dont see it.

18 hours ago, jeffk said:

I saw Richard from our Bimini trip....check the website, they are doing port lucaya

As much as I originally wanted to Port Lucaya this past summer, I'm glad we just did Bimini.  Lisa would have pushed me overboard if we tried to make Port Lucaya!  Need a bigger boat.

52 minutes ago, jeffk said:

That nc 11 is really set up nice.

I would have to test drive one as the top speed listed with two 200 hp vp diesel engines is 35 mph.

That would equate to running speed of roughly 27mph.

That would be great, I just dont see it.

Top speed with those engines is 36.7 mph which is 31.9 knots. It will easily produce those numbers with a standard

load of passengers, fuel , gear and water.  At 350K, there are quite a few boats to choose from, both bigger and smaller.

Chap / Intermarine set up at FLIBS.

JeffK,

Still entertaining the idea of a bigger boat.  I think I would like 30-32 feet in length.  I am waiting on Zimmerman to sell that house

so he can loan me some money........  I do see a lot of boats available in your area..Keep a lookout for a deal...............

SR400_zps0dbluh0x.jpgChap Family:

Been thinking how to inform y'all of the decision The Admiral & I made at the end of September.  Earlier this year, we made an offer on this new vessel, the dealer countered but since our 330 Sig is paid for, we decided to pass.  October 1st is SR's new fiscal year so we made another offer on Sept 28th, even lower than our 1st attempt assuming it too, would be too low.  This time, the dealer's counter was extremely close so we split the difference and we are now the proud new owners of Kat's Kradle II.  Here's the link for their Virtual Tour, turn up the volume (music icon is in the lower left) hit >> to advance to the next set of images and if you prefer, click & hold your cursor to move the image 360°.  We hope you allow us to remain a part of this "Family" as it consists of very knowledgeable, polite, professional & energetic folks sprinkled with comedic relief.......Dilly, Dilly!!

http://www.searay.com/page.aspx/pageid/165824/page.aspx

Jeff,Larry

It would be nice if we can all get together again.

The company is more important than the location.

I am good with a trip into the keys if you guys are into it.

Jeff, you can tell Lisa we wont be in the ocean......much!

Right now a new boat is way on the horizon...liking and buying are two very different things!

4 hours ago, RRRR said:

JeffK,

Still entertaining the idea of a bigger boat.  I think I would like 30-32 feet in length.  I am waiting on Zimmerman to sell that house

so he can loan me some money........  I do see a lot of boats available in your area..Keep a lookout for a deal...............

Yeah, I'm waiting to sell that house too!  Problem is the longer I sit on it, the less I make!  Unbelievable how tough it has been.  I expected it to sell in a week!

1 hour ago, jeffk said:

Jeff,Larry

It would be nice if we can all get together again.

The company is more important than the location.

I am good with a trip into the keys if you guys are into it.

Jeff, you can tell Lisa we wont be in the ocean......much!

Right now a new boat is way on the horizon...liking and buying are two very different things!

Completely agree.  You guys (all of you) were Lisa's favorite part of the entire trip.  She really did enjoy spending time together.  I cannot wait to do the Keys with you all!

14 hours ago, Kat's Kradle said:

Been thinking how to inform y'all of the decision The Admiral & I made at the end of September.  Earlier this year, we made an offer on this new vessel, the dealer countered but since our 330 Sig is paid for, we decided to pass.  October 1st is SR's new fiscal year so we made another offer on Sept 28th, even lower than our 1st attempt assuming it too, would be too low.  This time, the dealer's counter was extremely close so we split the difference and we are now the proud new owners of Kat's Kradle II.  Here's the link for their Virtual Tour, turn up the volume (music icon is in the lower left) hit >> to advance to the next set of images and if you prefer, click & hold your cursor to move the image 360°.  We hope you allow us to remain a part of this "Family" as it consists of very knowledgeable, polite, professional & energetic folks sprinkled with comedic relief.......Dilly, Dilly!!

Congratulations.  That is a beautiful boat.  The Marina we slip at is a Sea Ray dealer and they have the 400 and 350 coupe in the showroom.  My daughter and I checked out both of them one rainy day.  The 400 is a pretty amazing boat!  And we both loved the 350 coupe too.

18 hours ago, Kat's Kradle said:

Beautiful vessel!  Congrats and please stick around!