Lewlam

Signature 310 - Trailer

21 posts in this topic

Anyone trailer a Signature 310? I’m looking to move from A to B (60 miles) and have access to a Venture triaxle VATB-9600 (rated 11,160 GVWR) and the Signature 310 is a 10’ beam at 10,600 lbs. Thanks

rated to carry 9600 lbs and the boat is 10,600 lbs.  You're asking for disaster!  Also, a boat with 10' beam will require special wide load permits

Tires tires. Brakes  brakes.   Back up camera that is WIRELESS mounted on the boat stern looking down.

OVERSIZED tow truck. Is the road you will tow on mountainous ?  Mount Vernon ?

Launch & retrieve for every cruise ?

Is this a one time trip? What do you plan to tow it with? 

Not sure why you would be overloaded since the trailer is rated for more than the boat weighs. 

43 minutes ago, Phillbo said:

I

Not sure why you would be overloaded since the trailer is rated for more than the boat weighs. 

Trailer load capacity is 9600lbs. GVWR includes the weight of the trailer. So only a thousand ponds over...

And 10,600 is dry weight only for a 310. Depending on options, fuel, water and gear, could easily be 11,300 or more. 

If this is a one time move, I`d consider hiring it done. A little more money but the peace of mind, might be worth it. Either that or find a heavier trailer.

Moving 60 miles only once? I'd use the venture but I'd keep the speed down and watch for bumps. If the trailer is rated for 10600 and your a thou over I wouldn't consider it for regular use but once...... Yep I'd go with it. Just my humble opinion. Good luck with whatever you choose

If something goes bad with this move and the boat dumps, you're going to have a hard time collecting any insurance.

I tow my 290 2004, which is the same size as your 10 Beam and 30.8 long, with a 15 K rated trailer and tow with a RAM 3500 Dually, no problem so far. I towed with a 2500 Cummins and I felt I reached the limit of the truck. For the record a 2500 Cummins is able to tow 15 K and your boat your gear etc will weight around 12K and your trailer weight at least 2 K even if it is stainless steel so your up for 12+2 14 K.

Sig 310 is a beautiful boat I don't think I would risk to tow it with an undersized trailer. 

I agree with Chap243.   Hire someone with the proper equipment to move it.  Safer for you and everyone else on the road around you!

Lets step back? Someone said dry wight is 10,300lbs. The trailer must be about 2,000 lbs if not more. Add fuel, water, and gear about 700lbs. Two people in the truck, 350lbs.

So the truck must be able to tow at minimum 11,550lbs To be safe, lets say 12,000lbs. This is just a good guess, so the homework must be done. 

2 hours ago, Phillbo said:

I'm always leary of thread where the OP never returns. 

Original poster is here and thanks all for their comments. My question has become moot.nice day all. Many thanks 

50 minutes ago, Lewlam said:

Original poster is here and thanks all for their comments. My question has become moot.nice day all. Many thanks 

Thanks for the reply. But..... Did you move the boat and if so how?

1 hour ago, Auggie said:

Thanks for the reply. But..... Did you move the boat and if so how?

No. Went with a different boat. 

Thank you for letting us know as we are a curious lot. I hope the boat brings you the kind of pleasure ours has.

1 hour ago, Lewlam said:

3 hours ago, Lewlam said:

So what boat???

congrats!

brick