brick

Dealership Closed

37 posts in this topic

So I am winterized and serviced, ready for a long nap. West Georgia Boat Center in LaGrange did a great job. Dropped boat off Wednesday, ready Thursday.  Nice, new and clean facility, top notch service and people. Boats in for service are stored under cover, which is a plus.  Double fenced lot with lots of security cameras. And they are only  45 minutes from the house. Merc certified tech.

So, still sad about Huggins Outboard, but moving on and forward with West Georgia Boat Center. Maybe they can pick up the Chaparral line ( hint to Chaparral )?

brick

Hmmmmmm. What could I do with 550m.  New houses....one here.....one in the south east and perhaps one in the southwest. One boat for Buffalo and one for Florida[most likely]. Out west....exploration is needed first. New truck to move all this new stuff. Money to operate it of course. The rest.....into the stock market or some financial plan that would grow but protect it. I want to be like Howard Hughes and have so much money it just keeps generating more money. Then I want to buy an airline and just walk on the flightline and tell them I'm taking the plane for a spin with all my Hollywood friends [TWA].

Ever since my mom opened my first bank account, it was always my goal to make the account bigger.  More money has to go in than comes out. I'm not going to spend 550m like an idiot and be broke in five years.

On 11/9/2017 at 9:08 AM, brick said:

I have posted many times here about the great service I get from my dealer, Huggins Outboard in Albany GA. I have purchased 4 Chaparral boats over 25+ years, and have them do all of my service work. The relationship has been great, almost like family. 

So I called last week to set up a time to get winterized (yup, even in GA), only to find out that after 71 years in business, they have shut down. Sadly, Richard Huggins, 3rd generation owner, had lost his battle with cancer in 2014. Ownership of Huggins Outboard passed to his daughter, who recently liquidated the business. 

RIP Richard Huggins. Sad that Huggins Outboard has passed with you...

brick

Sorry to hear that brick, Richard was a great guy. He personally handled a trailer I purchased for my first Chappy, smooth and straight forward transaction.  I always like supporting the local proprietors when possible.  It’s been a while, but his place was bustling with activity when I was there, sad ending.

As far as your Lagrange option, I’ve had a few Polaris Rangers serviced there.  All seemed to go well, on time completion and no surprises, so I was happy with their work.

14 hours ago, Wak'in said:

As far as your Lagrange option, I’ve had a few Polaris Rangers serviced there.  All seemed to go well, on time completion and no surprises, so I was happy with their work.

Was that Mitchell Marine in LaGrange? They are the Polaris dealer. I considered using them, but decided to try West GA Boat.

brick

59 minutes ago, Wak'in said:

Sorry, you are right, Mitchell Marine is where I went.  Glad to hear there’s another good one there.

West GA Boat opened up this spring, so they are still new. You folks done for the year?

10 hours ago, brick said:

West GA Boat opened up this spring, so they are still new. You folks done for the year?

Yes sir, last time out was mid-Oct and water temp was at my limit (w/out a wet suit).  All watercraft have been winterized and put to bed. I have a little “contouring” to do under/around the boathouse once the winter pool level is achieved (they take the lake down 7’ during winter months).  Nothing a good pneumatic jack hammer and the dock builders team won’t take care of to give me good clearance during low water / drought periods.

1 hour ago, Wak'in said:

Yes sir, last time out was mid-Oct and water temp was at my limit (w/out a wet suit).  All watercraft have been winterized and put to bed. I have a little “contouring” to do under/around the boathouse once the winter pool level is achieved (they take the lake down 7’ during winter months).  Nothing a good pneumatic jack hammer and the dock builders team won’t take care of to give me good clearance during low water / drought periods.

Another summer in the books...

Not yet..............will be in the low 70"s all of Thanksgiving week in Perdido Key FL....  Gonna be a fine week!!!

On 11/12/2017 at 9:02 AM, brick said:

Another summer in the books...

WHOA NOW......

This is Southern Cal.  Winterizing is NOT an option.  

On 11/13/2017 at 11:30 AM, RRRR said:

Not yet..............will be in the low 70"s all of Thanksgiving week in Perdido Key FL....  Gonna be a fine week!!!

Perdido Key does not apply...

:)

brick