PerthWA

Summer is Coming

16 posts in this topic

Well guys for those of us living south of the equator the days are getting longer and the temperature is heating up - over 30C for nearly every day next week and we hit 37C earlier this week.

I am off to the marina this weekend to take the boat cover off, put the Bimini and clears back on and check everything works. Refuel with some fresh petrol, fill up the water tank and give the inside a quick once over.

Provided all goes well, it might be my fist launch come Monday or Tuesday next week.

Hope you lot don't get too cold or frost bitten north of the equator....

Its Friday morning.....21F!  Snow has fallen in the ski areas of New York State. Dang it....not enough to ski on.

Enjoy your summer.:D

Time to build those free boat kits for the local grade school kids.  :wub:

Rich

There isn't a day that doesn't make someone happy. I'm happy, got to spend 34 days on the water and logged 52 hrs running time this year, living the dream.  Denny.

This was our first year with the Chap and we were lucky enough to get in the Pacific twice and a couple lakes. Our local lake has turned into a peaceful haven for us and some friends and we've been fortunate enough to get there more times than I can count. From just kick'n it to fishing it's been an awesome year. I'd recommend Chap THERAPY to any who'll listen.

17 hours ago, PerthWA said:

Well guys for those of us living south of the equator the days are getting longer and the temperature is heating up - over 30C for nearly every day next week and we hit 37C earlier this week.

I am off to the marina this weekend to take the boat cover off, put the Bimini and clears back on and check everything works. Refuel with some fresh petrol, fill up the water tank and give the inside a quick once over.

Provided all goes well, it might be my fist launch come Monday or Tuesday next week.

Hope you lot don't get too cold or frost bitten north of the equator....

Have a good summer!

That was painful to have to read!:angry: We were lucky enough to make it out 18 times this summer. Last time out was the second week of October, we had a nice couple of weeks of high temps in the upper 80s (that 37C for those south of the equator).

Do enjoy your boating season and keep us updated on how your boat does.

We boat year round here in Central Florida. My boat picks up 4-5 knots when the humidity drops off. Our Outlaw 10.5 Car picks up 4 tenths in the quarter mile during the winter.

High today 72. loving it! 

Nice ........

I might play golf this week if it gets above 45F........:(

Enjoy your Summer.

5 minutes ago, Toddler said:

Nice ........

I might play golf this week if it gets above 45F........:(

Enjoy your Summer.

Thanks brother...