Scott A

travel cover

32 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, brick said:

I would post s picture if PhotoBucket still worked...

Google TaylorMade Top-Lok Stainless Windshield Snaps.  That is the part that pulls away from the bottom of the windshield frame. Bye-bye cockpit cover...

brick

yup get it now.  Kept thinking how in the world does the cover come off, but I guess with this design.

1 hour ago, soldier4402 said:

yup get it now.  Kept thinking how in the world does the cover come off, but I guess with this design.

Yup, they pull loose. Hard to believe. They stay put below 45mph, and I have tried the clips in both directions.  So I have not towed with the covers on for 12 years.  

Maybe that is why it is called a “mooring” cover???

i still have the original white shipping cover, too.

brick

Take a look at Outer Armor`s website. Pricey but nice. I like the one ratchet strap set up.

I had the big filled up bubble the first time I went on a interstate. I DID NOT pull ALL THE SLACK OUT. It took 2 more stops & retightening the cords & straps. Finally 65 mph was a comfortable speed.  I had a HEAVY canvas cover on it. The first sounds of flapping was like the shooting of 22 short bullets.

In 60 years I have had 2 covers that never became quiet.

On 11/28/2017 at 8:01 AM, brick said:

Yup, they pull loose. Hard to believe. They stay put below 45mph, and I have tried the clips in both directions.  So I have not towed with the covers on for 12 years.  

Maybe that is why it is called a “mooring” cover???

i still have the original white shipping cover, too.

brick

I have had no problems with mine coming out with speeds upto 75mph on my 25 year old clips.  Mine are spaced about 4" apart along the botton of the windshield frame.