Denny

Up Loading photos & Videos / Denny

7 posts in this topic

Finally after a lot of trial and error, I have found 2 hosting web sites. 1 for photos and one for videos, and with great customer care.

The photo is (Postimage) if you just up load you can send your photo. When you close out of their site your photo will be gone. If you give them an E-mail and set up a (free) account, your photo will be saved until you delete it that way you can build a gallery or not.

The video is (Vimeo) they have a basic account that is (free) you have to set up an E-mail account, and with it you can up load up to 500MB per week, for ever, and your videos are saved. Next they have a (Plus) account, it is 72deer per year, if you pay by the year, or you can pay one month at a time and it is 12deer per month. With it you get 5TB, per week and a lot of other features. This video took 56MB

So all of you that have this, including the guy with that (pretty girl and trailer) that are all dressed up in yellow can show her off again.

YDXJ0076_zpsvzulsidh.jpg

It feels good to be able to share again. Hopefully I have opened up a couple of doors for some of you.    Denny.

IMG_0383.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity, how accurate is your magnetic compass with all that electronic gear surrounding it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SST said:

Out of curiosity, how accurate is your magnetic compass with all that electronic gear surrounding it?

Not really sure any more. 25 years ago when I bought the boat I set up a deviation chart when I added the GPS, and before all the other goodies. I found a large spot on my local river that was calm and free of traffic. I would run some distance and take the readings of both. Then at 10 degree increments I would repeat the process until I completed my 360 degree circle.Yeah, it took a lot of patience and time, but I was on the water and it was a warm and sunny day. You have my curiosity Dan, I will check it out this summer to see how close it is now, after some 25 years of add-ons. It is comforting to know that you have a back up if you need it.  Denny.

IMG_6570.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really is not about the electric being on. It is about magnetic metals & magnetic fields created by currents flowing in the wires.

Worst case should not be bad enough to prevent you from getting to a safe place.

Exception is shallow bays with enough tidal currents to move safe channels around in a month. Add in a storm or 2 ?  Barnagat Bay in N J was a terrible place at the inlets 60 years ago. The channel sticks only told you that you were near a channel. Many seasoned boaters hung 2 anchors off the bow at 2 different depths. The would give some warning before grounding a boat.  Fun days were dark water with many sharks close to the fish station. I saw some HUGE shark outlines. I was rowing back home in a 10' duck hunting boat. Felt suddenly creepy feeling. Look around & a shark is keeping me company.. I am right in front of the fish cleaning plant on a Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

It really is not about the electric being on. It is about magnetic metals & magnetic fields created by currents flowing in the wires.

Worst case should not be bad enough to prevent you from getting to a safe place.

Exception is shallow bays with enough tidal currents to move safe channels around in a month. Add in a storm or 2 ?  Barnagat Bay in N J was a terrible place at the inlets 60 years ago. The channel sticks only told you that you were near a channel. Many seasoned boaters hung 2 anchors off the bow at 2 different depths. The would give some warning before grounding a boat.  Fun days were dark water with many sharks close to the fish station. I saw some HUGE shark outlines. I was rowing back home in a 10' duck hunting boat. Felt suddenly creepy feeling. Look around & a shark is keeping me company.. I am right in front of the fish cleaning plant on a Sunday.

That is why I like where I boat, there is nothing in the waters that will eat me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do fresh water snakes move towards somebody swimming or away?  You can call me Indiana Jones or anything else....I don't deal well with snakes. A few years ago I was on Kelly's island.  I was on the ferry boat dock and saw two.  I swore I'd never swim In Lake Erie again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SST said:

Do fresh water snakes move towards somebody swimming or away?  You can call me Indiana Jones or anything else....I don't deal well with snakes. A few years ago I was on Kelly's island.  I was on the ferry boat dock and saw two.  I swore I'd never swim In Lake Erie again. 

You probably seen our Lake Erie water snake.

 Lake Erie watersnakes grow to 1 1/2 to 3 1/2 feet in length. They are not venomous. Habitat - In summer, the snakes live on the cliffs, ledges and rocky shorelines of limestone islands and forage in the nearshore waters of Lake Erie. During winter, Lake Erie watersnakes hibernate underground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now