Sign in to follow this  
Roady68

Cockpit refrigerator Opening - Sig 300

Our boat is tucked up in a rack for winter storage so I don't have access.  I had a friend of mine give us a small wine bottle chiller that can go 110v or 12V.  Our 2000 Sig 300 does not have the cockpit refrigerator option, just a storage locker.  Does anyone here have access to their Sig 300 that could measure the opening? I'd like to install the chiller on the boat as opposed to in the house (we already have two refrigerators in the house).  I am curious if it will fit. 

Thanks.

Two refrig and a wine chiller?  That is a lot of energy being drawn on your batteries or your gonna need to run the generator constantly.  

That is a lot of capacity for beverages and food to be kept cool.  Good luck.

2 hours ago, Jjlai724 said:

Two refrig and a wine chiller?  That is a lot of energy being drawn on your batteries or your gonna need to run the generator constantly.  

That is a lot of capacity for beverages and food to be kept cool.  Good luck.

I'm thinking wine chiller for shore power only.  Usually only drink when on the hook or docked.  We only have the one refrigerator on the boat down in the galley.  

I can see that. On shore power or when the engines is running it can be left on. You can always install another house battery if needed.

The 2 fridges are in his house, not his boat. 

"I'd like to install the chiller on the boat as opposed to in the house (we already have two refrigerators in the house).  "