Sign in to follow this  
rncharles

Hello, thanks for accepting my registration. I'm not yet an owner but I'm planning to have one before March. I just have a question in mind though. Is anyone here use a pickup truck to tow their boat? 

For starters try using the search function in top right corner. Select "all content" from the pull down box, and type "truck towing boat" in the text box. You will get a nice list of relevant posts.

You can also use Google to search this site but the search results will be somehow different: https://www.google.com/search?q=truck%2Btowing%2Bboat+site:forum.chaparralboats.com 

I drive a 2014 Toyota Tacoma with 236 horsepower at 5200rpm. I'm planning to install a Blue Ox towing that I got from a friend. Aside from using it only on a boat, I want to repurpose my truck as an off-road recovery vehicle as well. I just need a second opinion if this is a good idea or there are other options available. Thank you. 

Not familiar with products, but really all you need is the factory frame hitch probably already installed on your truck. Obviously you need to stay well within your trucks towing capabilities.

Most boats will not need a weight distributing hitch. Can be difficult to use with typical boat trailer surge brakes.

brick

Your Tacoma’s tow rating will be 3500 or 6500 lbs, depending on if it has the factory tow package. Check to be sure. 

brick