Solarmatt

Blue or black

Futzin - Beautiful boat!  I have to say my 2008 is in the similar condition. It also stays out all from April thru October then it is stored indoors for the winter.

Black or dark blue will require more work than a lighter color boat. I have mine waxed and buff every year and always use fenders that have fleece covers. The black gel coat on my boat looks better than it did when it was new and there is no fading.  When the weather is warm it gets washed weekly and is in a covered slip year round. 

The shop used a different polish this year and the results were outstanding.  3M Perfert-it Ex machine polish.  They said they can only buy it in gallons.

Can't go wrong with either.  My last two were blue & black and require the same maintenance to keep them looking good.  We do get a lot of positive comments on the black with no graphics.  Good luck with your purchase and enjoy your new boat!

medium.IMG_1957.JPG.91483de69bdca4afde2d

medium.Labor_Day_2010_(64).JPG.c95346015

Personally, I like blue, but when I was shopping, I was told the black is better for resale. 

I love how sales people love to take charge of all your money being spent on YOUR BOAT.  Do this. Do not do that.   I want to make the most money on your boat later.

Screw the greedy guy / gal ruining my pleasure of a new to me boat.  Go out and buy your own boat for resale value.  My money. My choice.

If I want the maximum return on the money. 0ver a time period ?  I sure would not buy a new boat.

Rant about sales people spending my money.  :)

I am  partial to black in most everything I buy.   I am lucky with Chaparral black boats. Both 2002 186 SSI are not fading anywhere I can see.

I think we are going to go with the blue. I like the way the blue and gray mesh on the interior. Adds some style that the black and gray doesn't have. Some subtle red accepts would go a long way to sporting up the black (if you like it sportier).

Actually, on that note. The one thing that I really like about the VRX (which was just out of my price range) is the graphics. Any chance I can have them applied later?

Many Tint Shops do body wrap type graphics. You can put any design you want on it

ColdOne: sweet ride!

Hawkeye: great taste!

Mike: peerless . . . 

Solarmatt: good luck with your purchase, keep us informed