MonkeySeaII

NYC Boat Show

8 posts in this topic

Mary and I are planing on going to the Baltimore show Jan 25 thru 28. I'm shooting for Friday.

I'm gonna hit the NY show on Sat the 27th.  Looks like I'm flying solo this year cause both daughters have travel softball practice.  Oh well, no complaining and I can choose my eatery of choice afterwards!!

Chaparral had the new 267 & 287.  They also had a 307, a cruiser and then some smaller boats.  There was also one Suncoast.  I really like the 267 & 287.  The interiors are top notch.  I like some of the new features like windlass, power arch and other little convenience items. I felt Chap has separated themselves from other mfgs this year.  Monterey looks dated now.  Cobalt is pretty much the same.  Sea Ray looks OK.  Crownline looked cheap.  Formula didn't have anything smaller than the 310 and their biggest thing this year was the large outboard powered boats.  I didn't even walk in the Regal booth cause I didn't see anything worth looking at in there.

Last week I saw a new Sea Ray 260 and 280 at a boat show.  My first thought was how cheap and flimsy they looked!

The new Chaps still looked good.