Sign in to follow this  
disgratz

Gatorstep vs SeaDek 250 Suncoast

Hello Everyone, I am a newbie here.  I just bought a 2017 250 Suncoast, I am looking for any input regarding Gatorstep vs SeaDek for the Transom.  Any advise would be really appreciated.

I've no experience with Gatorstep but I've had my SeaDek for several years and absolutely love it.  No issues, nice soft feel and much safer.  Looks great.

y4mlBsS1GVs71eEPh3lSIMbB_A-PNipuSzSbXBt3

I love my Gatorstep.  I've had mine two seasons as well.  The two products are essentially the same.  I was originally going to go with Seadek, but had a bad experience with one of their approved installers.  When I decided to do it myself, the folks at Gatorstep were much more helpful.  They were also a little cheaper, and had much quicker turnaround.  

large.IMG_2166.JPG.be7f3c0addd3d2d2c6636large.IMG_2158.JPG.f68f2666bd51041e8877d

Anyone who has ever used this have a big dog walking on it? I have a big active 80 lb lab that we take boating. Everytime. I dont want her claws to tear it up...Also, TNBrett, on your H2O, did you put the Gatorstep under that removable seat cushion behind the drivers seat, and if so, did it change the height of the cushion or anything else you can note? I contacted Gatorstep and believe it or not, they dont have a template for a 19 H2O. These boats have been out for 6 years now. Thanks!

Thanks for the pics TNBrett, it looks awesome!  I am leaning towards Gatorstep too, they are significantly cheaper and seem easier to work with as well.  I'm guessing that is the Sharkfin over black?  Those are the colors I am considering using.  Do they get hot in the sun?

8 hours ago, jimmerheck said:

Anyone who has ever used this have a big dog walking on it? I have a big active 80 lb lab that we take boating. Everytime. I dont want her claws to tear it up...Also, TNBrett, on your H2O, did you put the Gatorstep under that removable seat cushion behind the drivers seat, and if so, did it change the height of the cushion or anything else you can note? I contacted Gatorstep and believe it or not, they dont have a template for a 19 H2O. These boats have been out for 6 years now. Thanks!

large.IMG_2161.JPG.a2f860a91c5ba8b5b5735

There is no notable difference in height.  You really can't even see it with the cushions in place.  Sorry, but I have no experience with dogs on it.  My dogs don't go out on my boat.  

8 hours ago, disgratz said:

Thanks for the pics TNBrett, it looks awesome!  I am leaning towards Gatorstep too, they are significantly cheaper and seem easier to work with as well.  I'm guessing that is the Sharkfin over black?  Those are the colors I am considering using.  Do they get hot in the sun?

IIRC its the silvercloud over black.  I don't think it gets very hot at all.  Maybe a couple degrees warmer than the white gelcoat, but no where near as hot as the patches of blue in the upholstery.  

Great, thank you TNBrett. I appreciate your reply. I  think I'll put it on my swim platform some day. I'm about an hour from Gatorstep HQ, I'll either bring the boat there for the templating or do it myself. Maybe they'll get a template by then. 

I have a 2013 H2O sport and have the gatorset on my swim platform. Call Kelly at Gatorstep and ask for my template.