I've just purchased a 2012 Sunesta 264. The carpet is kind of worn and the rubber/foam on the swim platform has seen better days as well. I'm thinking of doing the whole boat with Seadek, which is that dense rubbery foam stuff. I like the look and feel of it and a lot of new boats seem to have it, I just wonder how long it lasts and is this the right choice? It's expensive. Any thoughts and experiences would be appreciated. 

Can't comment on the seadek....yet, it's on my list. But, I would say to loose the carpet wether you go with seadek now or not. Way much easier to to keep the floors clean, just hose them down.

Doing the entire boat with seadek is pricey. When I had them quote mine, it was way north of 2k.

I have SeaDek on my swim platforms. Love it. Having lived with it for several years though, I would not want it inside the boat.  It will pull dirt from any shoes worn in the boat; have to wet brush it to clean: that will splatter.  Keeping it clean in general will be a pain, IMO. 

I like the flexibility of my snap out carpet.  I will replace with same when it wears out.

I have Gatorstep in my entire boat, and love it.  Gatorstep is the same thing as SeaDek, and it's also OEM on a lot of big name wake boats.  I absolutely cant stand wet carpet.  I don't allow shoes on my boat, so cleanup isn't too much of a concern.  I probably scrubbed the floor inside the boat 2 or 3 times last season, when I was doing a big clean of the interior anyway.  To me that's way better than dealing with nasty wet carpet.  

Thank you all, for your input. I will let you all know what I decide. I went to the LA boat show yesterday and saw that style flooring in many ski and wake boats, it looks nice. But ware and tear, replacement and cleaning are all concerns. We'll see. Thanks again, everyone.

I bought sheets of Sea Dek and used the carpet as a template to cut the Sea Dek. Did the inside of my boat for $400.  You can squeeze a lot of pieces out of the big sheets that they sell. 

On 1/22/2018 at 7:02 PM, Jjlai724 said:

I bought sheets of Sea Dek and used the carpet as a template to cut the Sea Dek. Did the inside of my boat for $400.  You can squeeze a lot of pieces out of the big sheets that they sell. 

Where do you get the sheet of sea deck from any pic of your finished project .

On 1/22/2018 at 7:02 PM, Jjlai724 said:

Any pic of your project 

I am having Gator Step put on my swim platform right now.  I don't mind the carpets, and even with a white deck it gets really hot here so the carpets are nice.  I power wash them once or twice a year to clean them at a local car wash :).  Our intense heat and sun does a number on the padding on the swim platform, so I will see how the Gator Step holds up after a few years.    I replaced the original black rubber after couple of years because it was just so bad, hence why Chaparral had a recall on it.  The replacement rubber mats lasted quite a while before I decided to do Gator Step this spring.  Should have it back end of the week so I will take some pictures and post them when I get a chance.

I do have a complete set of brand new carpets (and bow and cockpit covers, too!) for the boat that have been in storage for 8 years.  But the originals have held up very well and I have not needed to replace them with the new ones in storage.  But, for me, I did not consider doing Gator Step or Sea Deck for the entire boat.  I like the option of pulling the carpets to clean, they are very good quality and with a good cleaning look like new.

We had Sea Dek installed on our swim platform when we bought new in 2012. With the fuel fill caps above the platform, any fuel overfill will cause glue to not hold. 

I was thinking on Seadeck for my boat as well but for my cabin interior flooring. Searched the same material over the Internet and found several EVA Foam deck flooring on Wish at very low price and different sizes. You can get the templates with Seadeck for less than $40.00. You can find a viriety of styles and colors on Wish.

www.wish.com

I ordered the SeaDek sheets directly from SeaDek on their website.  

I used the cheap plastic painter drop cloth to trace out the inside of my deck for a template.  Then I would put the template on the back of the seadek since it was smooth to trace it out and cut with a razor blade.  Just need to remember that the pieces your are cutting are inverted.  

edf5bcf8-cea4-477a-8c09-de82bfcf909e.jpg

e083946a-43e2-428a-938d-dd4bc855acde.jpg

image.jpg19.jpg

Our 244 has SeaDek installed tip-to-tail.  Wonderful stuff, wears well. 

Once or twice each season I'll clean it with a stiff plastic brush and a bit of Simple Green:  wet it down, spray the Simple Green sparingly, brush, then rinse with fresh water.  If we're on a lake and I feel the need to clean, I'll skip the Simple Green and just brush and rinse.

My only complaint is it tends to absorb oils -- so I'm quick to pick up spilled potato chips, etc.  However, the cleaning as described above takes care of dirt and oil.