White Shadow

A bit different

9 posts in this topic

Hey

Something that some of you might find interesting...

A thermal hot spring on the lake edge that is only able to be accessed by boat (ie. no road or walk in access), complete with grill area, shop (beer!) and hot pools that spill into the lake.

Pic below with the 190SSi pulled up and parked at the jetty...excellent after a hard day wakeboarding!

Ze8E2Wn.jpg

Nice pic. Couldn't help noticing the dock line tied off to the piling. Somebody needs to practice their knot tying!

Nothing better than early morning glass!

I get crap form my boating friends for being too anal about line management to the point that they will mess them all up when i am not looking knowing I will notice and have to fix them. 

1 hour ago, Phillbo said:

Nothing better than early morning glass!

I get crap form my boating friends for being too anal about line management to the point that they will mess them all up when i am not looking knowing I will notice and have to fix them. 

There are true seamen, and then there are people that own boats. Doesn't matter which you are, it's just about being there.

Doesn't matter if you tie up with a rope, or a line, just as long as your girl is secure. Most of the people that I take boating are land lubbers. I was corrected at the end of the last boating season when I asked a blow boater that was preparing to leave the dock, if he was going to get in that last ride. His answer was, we are going for a sail, and that was how I found out that you don't take a ride on a sail boat.  Denny.

(they will mess them all up ) The one thing I have learned about golf, you never touch another man's putter

I was a live aboard blow boater for 12 years. Line management is a life style when your life style depends on it. 

It's a rope in the store, a line on the dock and a sheet when tied to a sail.