Leeowski

1991 Signature 28

6 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ColdOne said:

According to this ling Chaparral did not provide a manual for 1991.

That's a bummer..... I'd sure like to have a manual for my 91 2750 sx too.

18 hours ago, Auggie said:

That's a bummer..... I'd sure like to have a manual for my 91 2750 sx too.

How do I get the info required to maintain my boat. You have to have a manual for description of systems and proper fluids as well as operating auxiliary equipment. 

15 minutes ago, Leeowski said:

How do I get the info required to maintain my boat. You have to have a manual for description of systems and proper fluids as well as operating auxiliary equipment. 

Depending on the engine/drive manufacturer, you should be able to get a service manual (factory or aftermarket for it).  For the auxiliary equipment, Google is your friend, as are knowledgeable people around your area.  Think of a boat more like a house than a car--do you get an operating manual when you buy a pre-owned home?

The manual for the boat is just about pointless.  It usually contains basic care and how to operate a boat safely.  What you are looking for is manuals for the systems, mainly the power pack/drive, toilet, fridge, gen, etc.  Most of that stuff if you can find the brand, year manufactured, SN, you can either find for free digitally online or find the manual on ebay or amazon for cheap.  I bought a merc engine manual for 91 4-5 years ago for 15 bucks on ebay.