Denny

Had A Few Friends Drop In While Fishing

10 posts in this topic

Pumpkin seed patrol is very desperate. 

"  Feed us Denny. "       :)

The 2 groups of deer in my back yard only stand up when we go out the back door. They are resting on the ground chewing their cuds. Some stand up watching from 20' to 40' away.

No green weeds or bushes for them to munch now.  Sad to see so many getting thin this early in the winter.  They are standing on their rear legs. To reach some green leaves or buds for next years plant growth..

I also have a family of deer in the empty 2 lots next door. Last night, as  snow band came through, they just laid their getting covered. A little red fox came through too who I haven't seen in a while.  Of course, the squirrels are running around looking for their buried seeds.

During the summer, the deer come into my yard and rest under my large Maples.

Its like a mini nature preserve. I hope no one ever builds there.

It's funny when you experience nature, it seems to make everything alright again.  Denny.

11 hours ago, Denny said:

It's funny when you experience nature, it seems to make everything alright again.  Denny.

Couple of bold ones that came up close on top of the windshield, very cool.  Reminds me of the migrating warblers that visited us in Maryland when we were out about 20 miles offshore.  Those were tired and needed a rest, but these here look like they were just curious.

20151015_132458.thumb.jpeg.9231ba047e32b6ba5d08eb1f166d2ced.jpeg

You wouldn't think this but bluejays are part of the Corvids, which include black crows, ravens and magpies.

I believe they are.  Act just like them. Bullies at the feeders. Always yapping about something.

Until my big Pileated Woodpecker arrives. That long beak has speared a couple of Blue Jays. The jays leave instantly now. The woody shares the feeder with all other birds.

4 hours ago, Hatem said:

Couple of bold ones that came up close on top of the windshield, very cool.  Reminds me of the migrating warblers that visited us in Maryland when we were out about 20 miles offshore.  Those were tired and needed a rest, but these here look like they were just curious.

20151015_132458.thumb.jpeg.9231ba047e32b6ba5d08eb1f166d2ced.jpeg

You wouldn't think this but bluejays are part of the Corvids, which include black crows, ravens and magpies.

I was about 3 miles off shore. I was facing North, when I heard this whooshing sound coming from behind me. The next thing I knew was, my whole bow rail, covered with Blue Jays. It looked like birds all lined up on a telephone wire. By the time that I realized what had happened and got my cell phone this was all that was left of them. I don't know how many of them there were, but there was a lot of them. They appeared be heading N.West out across the lake. In the direction that they were headed, they still had another 5 or better miles to go. It also made me think about how wonderful today's technology is. Years ago I never would have been able to capture this great moment and share it, because of not having a cell phone.

Several years ago.  Someone posted pictures of deer climbing aboard a boat in open water. Laying down until near opposite shore. Then jumping back into the water.