Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeffk

Who are you rooting for today?

15 posts in this topic

I am rooting for nobody......except for the football pools that I am in.... need the money for boating season....

I am rooting for nobody getting a concussion & becoming a vegetable later in life.  Or a burden to their family.

I am rooting for reasonable lake levels for the Great Lakes this spring. Currently Lake Ontario is about 13" higher than last year. :huh:

Long ago, when I worked for Trans World Express, our corporate base was PHL [Technically, Philly Northeast PNE] so that gave me the excuse to root for PHL. Also wanted to see NE taken down a notch.

While watching the game, it was interesting to watch Gisele when the game seemed to be turning in NE favor. All smiling and excited.  But then the realization that they were going to lose....not smiling anymore. She looked like the Democrats at the State of the Union.  All sad droopy faces..   Ya know that look? How could we have lost?

15 hours ago, ColdOne said:

I am rooting for reasonable lake levels for the Great Lakes this spring. Currently Lake Ontario is about 13" higher than last year. :huh:

I found a facebook page from someone in Webster, NY. Has some recently taken good drone video of various places around Lake Ontario and Letchworth State Park rail crossing. 

https://www.facebook.com/JohnKuckoDigital/

1 hour ago, SST said:

Long ago, when I worked for Trans World Express, our corporate base was PHL [Technically, Philly Northeast PNE] so that gave me the excuse to root for PHL. Also wanted to see NE taken down a notch.

While watching the game, it was interesting to watch Gisele when the game seemed to be turning in NE favor. All smiling and excited.  But then the realization that they were going to lose....not smiling anymore. She looked like the Democrats at the State of the Union.  All sad droopy faces..   Ya know that look? How could we have lost?

At least they admitted they lost because they were beat fair and square, because they screwed up and were outplayed, plus Belechick said it was all on him. Didn't blame the fans, officials, 1/2 time show and Bud light commercials. Not even close to a democrat response. LOL:tofunny:

Having a long face once a win aint gonna happen is kind of a normal response, I would think.

Philly baby!!  Born & raised in the Suburbs of Philadelphia.  Was born and Eagles fan and have always bled green!  I've been waiting for this since I was a kid.

19 hours ago, ColdOne said:

Great Lakes water levels forecast to continue 5-year rise

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers predicts Lake Superior will break a record high level set in the mid-1980s

11 hours ago, SST said:

I found a facebook page from someone in Webster, NY. Has some recently taken good drone video of various places around Lake Ontario and Letchworth State Park rail crossing. 

https://www.facebook.com/JohnKuckoDigital/

John is a meteorologist on one the local TV channels. He is well known for his photography.

BTW I boat out of Sodus bay and visit Chimney Bluff's and Webster all the time

6 hours ago, Waterfun said:

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers predicts Lake Superior will break a record high level set in the mid-1980s

I know. Last year was tough, really didn't do much boating until August last year due to water levels. Hope this year is better.

On 2/6/2018 at 0:16 PM, Waterfun said:

I thought Nestle was indirectly stealing all of the water from the Great Lakes?