Matt Nelson

246SSI Trailering Help

11 posts in this topic

Hello all!  I just purchased a new 2018 246SSI. Moving up from my Larson 228LXI. I noticed that the seat cushions are not attached on the 246. When trailering down the highway do you have to be worried about the cushions blowing out without the canvas being on?  My last boat the cushions had snap attachments to each cushion.  Thanks for any insight. 

47 minutes ago, Matt Nelson said:

Hello all!  I just purchased a new 2018 246SSI. Moving up from my Larson 228LXI. I noticed that the seat cushions are not attached on the 246. When trailering down the highway do you have to be worried about the cushions blowing out without the canvas being on?  My last boat the cushions had snap attachments to each cushion.  Thanks for any insight. 

To be safe put them away some where when trailering. A good canvas shop can add straps and or snaps.

I have seen it go both ways.  Denny.

38 minutes ago, brick said:

If it isn't screwed down, remove it.

brick

Hey brick, when are you going to put your pretty girl dressed in yellow back up for show?  Denny.

6 hours ago, Denny said:

Hey brick, when are you going to put your pretty girl dressed in yellow back up for show?  Denny.

Photobucket...

brick

1 hour ago, brick said:

Photobucket...

brick

If you have have a copy in your pictures on your computer, go to (Postimage) and you can up load it from there, that is where I get all my photos from. It is fast and easy, I have up loaded sometimes 15-20 photos at a time, in 5-10 minutes. It puts Photobucket to shame.   Denny.

3 hours ago, Denny said:

If you have have a copy in your pictures on your computer, go to (Postimage) and you can up load it from there, that is where I get all my photos from. It is fast and easy, I have up loaded sometimes 15-20 photos at a time, in 5-10 minutes. It puts Photobucket to shame.   Denny.

Private viewings of my 220SSi are available upon request...

brick

I do not make any special arrangements for my cushions when open trailering. They are fairly good size and with the "starboard" like base are fairly heavy. I always tow with the windshield closed which moves most of the slipstream up and over all but the bow cushions. Disclaimer- I seldom tow at interstate speeds 60+ mph without my road cover in place. Play around with your set up, if you tow at high speed for some distance, get a good road cover.

14 hours ago, brick said:

If it isn't screwed down, remove it.

brick

This includes snap in carpet. I've lost a piece...