Sign in to follow this  
Zakman

2018 267SSX

No but we have a 2008 276 SSX and we love it! They are great boats and I’m sure you will love it too.

Thanks! We’re on Lake Michigan so hopefully it’ll be an early spring!  We went with the DTS option. Can anyone comment on how they like or dislike? Cheers! 

I got a chance to drive one, smooooooooooooooth. You'll like it. 

Thanks for the ride Steve.

17 hours ago, Zakman said:

Thanks! We’re on Lake Michigan so hopefully it’ll be an early spring!  We went with the DTS option. Can anyone comment on how they like or dislike? Cheers! 

You will LOVE IT!!  I’ve commented numerous times on this option and won’t own a boat without it going forward.  So smooth, so reliable, so nice when docking, so.... the list goes on and on.  5 years with ours without a hiccup.  Integrated with our Merc Smart Tow wake system and it’s a gem, holds mph (speed) within 0.1-2mph in most conditions (wind, boarder pull, etc.).  This is true across the full range of tow sports (22mph boarding to 10mph surfing).  Don’t use it, but hear good things about “eco mode” optimization at cruising speeds.

21 hours ago, Toddler said:

I got a chance to drive one, smooooooooooooooth. You'll like it. 

Thanks for the ride Steve.

You're welcome Matt! 

Matt & Wak'in said it already.  So smooth I can't imagine not having it.  It's nice, you will be glad you got it.  

Good luck & congratulations on the new boat.  Post some pics when you pick it up.

I had a DTS on my older boat then we got the 216 SSI without it and really missed it.  On the 244 I got it again and will not own another boat without DTS.

Have the DTS on my 330 and it is a great feature. On a boat with twins it allows for the use of single throttle. Have not had a single problem with it.

Just took a look at the new 247, 267, and 287 in person today at a dealership in my area. Beautiful boats! Really looking forward to upgrading to a 247 or 267 at some point in the next year or so.  My only concern was the construction of the swim platform. I have always liked how Chaparral has integrated their swim platforms into their hulls on previous models however this one is a separate structure. Looking underneath it looks like a couple of 2x4's extending out from the stern transom encapsulated in fiberglass supporting the structure. When applying my weight I could see it flex at the caulked seam between the platform and the transom which kinda bothered me. Anyone else notice this? I'm sure the engineers have done their testing and probably isn't an issue but its something that bothers me. Otherwise the rest of the boat is phenomenal. Should be another great addition to the line up!