Sign in to follow this  
PackerFan

BUYING DECISION

Trying to decide between vortex 203 twin 150's vs vortex 223 twin 200's.  Really like the space for ten, but will only need it few times per summer...mostly with kids...Almost wonder if 223 is too much boat.  Replacing old seadoo 185 Challenger.  Almost $10,000 difference....noticed the 203 was a bit lighter...will that appreciably affect the ride in slight chop? Appreciate any thoughts...!  PackerFan

Always go bigger if you can.  Note: I have zero experience with jet boats.

Rarely does anyone say "I should have bought a smaller boat".  Having gone from a similar starting point (16.5' Sugar Sand jet boat) to our 225 SSI, I strongly suggest going as big as you can tow/store/afford.

youll never regret going bigger.  But budget is budget.  Ive also stopped buying things for that just in case need once or twice a year.

Size the passenger load to the boat size works out just as well..  Or rent a 40' cruiser 1 or 2 times a year if you MUST take a crowd. I rent a boat & crew 1 time each year now. More of our friends are becoming unable to do the rides.  There are reasons to not buy a oversized boat.  Friends move. Drift apart. Can not make the date. You move. Lose some of the big group interest level...... I am doing more 23 guests at a nice restaurant with A C  or at the yacht club .  D I Y party. I cooked it all. Past years. The staff now far surpasses anything outdoors I can or want to do.  Nice to be a guest at all our parties.  :wub:      

Buy for your family cruises & 2  to a maximum of 4 others.  Done.