Sign in to follow this  
aviator41

Re-made the switch panels on my 1830

Thought I'd share a photo of the switch panel I did for my boat. The old panel, as you can see, is totally used up and terrible looking. The new one is an exact fit (with an extra switch too!) and the text is all backlit like what you would find in a commercial jet or fighter plane. I'm really happy with the results. I also redid the ignition switch panel the same way. they look great and fit perfectly!  The horns switch looks different because it's made by a different company. In the boat, they all seem to look the same. go figure.

The "new" panel next to the old panel in the photo was my first replacement, but I wanted to add another switch and the baclit text, so I made another one. I'm not sure why the Chaparral lettering looks so terrible in the photos,  it's actually quite nice in person. must be the light angle or something.

large.20180218_224336.jpg.791bc8804073c303b09f7b0fa8ff79f3.jpg large.20180129_201558.jpg.8dcb3a35fd759f2d0cd7fb90078b09a4.jpg

They look very nice.

Here is a link that allows you to design panels online.

http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoPTqp_7N2QIVjFcNCh2quQE2EAAYASAAEgLVKfD_BwE

Any panel that is aluminum ( about 2004 & newer ) Google search Hydrographic printing.
Hydrographic printing is the method of printing the wood grain or any other style of finish onto the aluminum panel and it is possible to have them refinished.

I did get a quote from Front Panel Express before I made these. That wanted over $100 for each of the panels without the back light, switches or breakers.

Since I already had the CO2 laser equipment, I was able to make these panels for about $4 in materials each including the back light, minus the new switches.

Would you consider selling a set ? mine are in horrible shape, would pay whatever your price may be!

JW