sanneti2002

SECONDARY BATTERY

Best switch in 99.99 % of boaters.

Only thing I ever wire to position #1 is a engine.  ALL else is wired to KILL  / RUN down,  position # 2.  The House Battery.   Even the bilge pumps are there.

My boats HAVE DEDICATED engine ignition key switches to battery position # 1.

15 hours ago, Iggy said:

With the Add a battery kit, you can not start your engine on ether battery

Just a little clarification.with the switch in the ON position, the engine is always and only, drawing off the main cranking bank. The house bank is always isolated, Although you cant start the engine solely on the house bank, you can turn the switch to COMBINE and use the house bank to aid the main bank. 

1 hour ago, Was_Wylie_Tunes said:

Just a little clarification.with the switch in the ON position, the engine is always and only, drawing off the main cranking bank. The house bank is always isolated, Although you cant start the engine solely on the house bank, you can turn the switch to COMBINE and use the house bank to aid the main bank. 

That I know and thats one of my points right from the beginning. Maybe this is a poor test, but if I need that 2nd battery to get me home. I would like to start the engine with it and see if it can. Not be combining it with another battery. As sburke91 does on his boat. But thats me.....

24 minutes ago, Iggy said:

That I know and thats one of my points right from the beginning. Maybe this is a poor test, but if I need that 2nd battery to get me home. I would like to start the engine with it and see if it can. Not be combining it with another battery. As sburke91 does on his boat. But thats me.....

it would be optimal to have that second battery isolated.  Really the main purpose for the 2nd bat is to provide you assurance that you can start up and go at the end of the day.  Worst case scenario you can always in hook rehook if you have to.

16 minutes ago, soldier4402 said:

it would be optimal to have that second battery isolated.  Really the main purpose for the 2nd bat is to provide you assurance that you can start up and go at the end of the day.  Worst case scenario you can always in hook rehook if you have to.

You do have it isolated be the dual battery switch. The VSR or Arc will only close when there is charge voltage on ether leg.   

1 minute ago, Iggy said:

You do have it isolated be the dual battery switch. The VSR or Arc will only close when there is charge voltage on ether leg.   

yeah I know I was agreeing with you, on not having battery 1 and 2 hooked together. 

8 minutes ago, soldier4402 said:

yeah I know I was agreeing with you, on not having battery 1 and 2 hooked together. 

OH!! :lol:

On 3/4/2018 at 3:31 PM, sanneti2002 said:

Thanks man, really Helpful!! now About the white box next to the battery, basically I will have to disconnect all that once I install this kit? I think I'm gonna have to uncover it and see what's inside.

For your particular set up, think you would really want to order the Blue Seas 7649 mini series kit instead of the 7650 larger sized switch. Should bolt right into the current battery switch panel on the boat. You'll just have to put the ACR component elsewhere.

7649.jpg

IMG_0347.JPG