Sign in to follow this  
PatriceS

267 2012

Hi, Am looking to replace my boat (220 SSI 2008) by a 267 2012. Does anyone know if its possible to lower the arch for transport?

The door of my garage is 10 feet high

10 hours ago, PatriceS said:

Hi, Am looking to replace my boat (220 SSI 2008) by a 267 2012. Does anyone know if its possible to lower the arch for transport?

The door of my garage is 10 feet high

That particular model is essentially a rebadged 256 SSx. Believe it is possible for you find such a boat, but would have to ensure it has the optional hinged arch. Can tell on that 267 SSx by the 2 large ss screws at the base of the arch.  NOTE: I don't know what the folded down arch height measurement is, and suspect it could be a rare option.

2012 267 SSx with standard arch mount (not able to lower arch)

Chap267SSXSmall.jpg

2012 267 SSx with hinged arch option (2 large ss screws at base)

Chaparral_267-SSX-Radar-Arch_2011_Bimini-Top_Bimini-Arch-Connection_Arch-Aft-Top_Arch-Aft-Top-Connection_port-rear.jpg

Should you find such a boat but it needs new canvas, here's an option too:

http://rnr-marine.com/Purchase.php?manufacturer=Chaparral&model=267 SSX Radar Arch&yearfrom=2011&yearto=2012&product=Bimini-Arch-Connection-OEM-T0&modelnotes=267SSX With Factory Radar Arch. OEM fabric/colors: Black

Hope this helps.

Chris

My 1st Chap 264 had the hinged arch.  don't be fooled it is a 2 or 3 man job and once you remove the back bolts you need to install a spacer, so basically the arch is tethered and you only gain maybe 6" of clearance.  not a 10 min job if you are going in and out of garage.  maybe newer models of the arch are better

22 minutes ago, delaney said:

My 1st Chap 264 had the hinged arch.  don't be fooled it is a 2 or 3 man job and once you remove the back bolts you need to install a spacer, so basically the arch is tethered and you only gain maybe 6" of clearance.  not a 10 min job if you are going in and out of garage.  maybe newer models of the arch are better

haven't had a boat with something like this, but I do know what they weight.  Nothing like this comes off easy and definitely is not an in and out task, end of season storage sure.  MY 265 sat on the trailer without an arch at well over 8ft tall close to 9. 

If you plan on taking a boat in and out of a garage all the time and its of the bigger side of 20ft you need to look at 12ft doors for ease of use.  Even if you have a whats considered at 10ft foot door, chances are concrete to opening might actually be less. 

Thanks guys, really appreciated. 

Chaparral just sent my a message: 267 2012 (without trailer)

Top of arch to keel : 9 Feet 5 inch

Fold down arch to keel : 7 feet 5 inch

1 hour ago, PatriceS said:

Thanks guys, really appreciated. 

Chaparral just sent my a message: 267 2012 (without trailer)

Top of arch to keel : 9 Feet 5 inch

Fold down arch to keel : 7 feet 5 inch

I would say with trailer add 2 ft.  Potentially more depending on how it sits.  I built my lean to on my garage highest point comin off the roof I would expect it was 12ft maybe a little more.  low end I think I was a 8.5ft.  Glass came within 6 in of the beams and that didn't have an arch