WannaBeBoater

Can I mention a boat for sale in here?

Unfortunately, no section for that and against forum rules.

Good luck though.  First person I can recall asking first...

Try the Facebook page for Chaparral owners.

brick

3 hours ago, soldier4402 said:

why not, people drop off handed adds all the time.  This page is dumb for not having a dedicated section anyways

Agreed what community forum doesn't have a classifieds section..  It's one of the main benefits of having a group built around a common interest...

15 minutes ago, WannaBeBoater said:

Agreed what community forum doesn't have a classifieds section..  It's one of the main benefits of having a group built around a common interest...

yup everyone I belong to does.  For some reason the admin and some users freak at the idea.  Classified section for used boats, parts etc.  Keep it all there everything else will be deleted.  don't want to go to the classified section then don't go to it.  Sometime go to offeshoreonly.com  they run it right.

18 minutes ago, soldier4402 said:

yup everyone I belong to does

This is the OEM website ... plenty of dealer, resell, hobby, and advertisment driven sites to barter the stuff you no longer need. How many OEM brands have the used and abused stuff sold on their sites? None?

Since the forum is owned by Chaparral they feel it is competition with the dealers. At least that is how it was explained several years ago.

1 hour ago, Richard W said:

This is the OEM website ... plenty of dealer, resell, hobby, and advertisment driven sites to barter the stuff you no longer need. How many OEM brands have the used and abused stuff sold on their sites? None?

Their site, they can do what they want no problem with that.  But this site other than information that others provide is probably the least useful out of any of them and also has the least amount of traffic, I'm on forums that have half a million posts just in one section that's more than this whole website. Really some great people here but its usually the same handful, which is great, but on these other sites you have x times the brains assisting and giving you advice.

TBH sites that have classified its usually a small section and unless you purposely clicked on that section you would never see anything or really even know its there.  So I guess if they feel as if selling 1990s used parts is a threat to their overpriced product, so be it.  I just don't see where it hurts the user experience if anything helps.