Towing w/256 SSI

Hi, I currently have a 2007 256 SSI and I'm wondering if there is a way to add the pop-up tow hook in the swim platform. My buddy has a 256 SSX that has one. It looks like my swim platform has the same features and it could possibly just be swapped out.

I have the pop up ski tow and the rope still drags and puts a punishing spray on the tubers. That said, the tow point on the arch is the only other option and it requires removal of the rear bimini. Might want to see if a tow rope booster ball could help your situation. 

1 hour ago, AquaTherapy said:

I have the pop up ski tow and the rope still drags and puts a punishing spray on the tubers. That said, the tow point on the arch is the only other option and it requires removal of the rear bimini. Might want to see if a tow rope booster ball could help your situation. 

booster ball or a higher tube is the only thing that works for us

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/27/2018 at 3:45 PM, jdsdls05 said:

YeahYeah I have the same spot, when we tube the rope gets in the water, I tried the booster ball it helps keep the rope out of the water.

Fair enough. I was addressing the OP's post stating there is "no transom hook" and that the only place to tow from were the trailer tie downs. While it may not be perfect, using the tow eye that is circled in red is certainly preferable to using trailer tie downs on a 256ssi unless I am missing something. 

On 3/18/2018 at 5:50 PM, Mitchzimy said:

There is no transom hook. The only places to tow anything is from the tie down hooks under the swim platform. That works okay, but the tubers are constantly getting sprayed from the rope dragging in the water.