Jump to content
watson524

New trailer arrived

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Been out of the loop for a bit. My mom passed away on Valentine's day so I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I need to go back and read all the advice on my truck buying question and see what's what there. 

In good news, got word today from our dealer that our trailer came in and he sent me some pictures. Also, the boat is expected to be done 4/6, tho he said figure a week delay and then time to get it up here so it should be at the dealer about the 3rd week of April. We have a factory tour scheduled for the 6th tho we know we may not see ours on the line since that'd be a coordination nitemare but it'll be cool either way.

Now can it just stop snowing in the Northeast so we can start to think about spring?!?!?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wish it would warm up so I can play golf. Haven't been out since FL golf trip.  :(

 

 

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toddler said:

I just wish it would warm up so I can play golf. Haven't been out since FL golf trip.  :(

 

 

.

Got out Sunday, 1st time out this year, felt good. Sunny, no wind off Lake Erie 57 degrees. Monday morning, 28 degrees, back to reality.  Denny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Denny said:

Got out Sunday, 1st time out this year, felt good. Sunny, no wind off Lake Erie 57 degrees. Monday morning, 28 degrees, back to reality.  Denny.

Well that sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to pick up the paperwork on the new trailer so we can get it registered when I'm at the notary tomorrow and took some pictures but unfortunately, it says they're too big to put in (they're not) and google photos and photobucket link won't work. It's big!! LOL! Looks like the boat will be sitting up pretty high but that might just be because I'm used to seeing our small boat on its single axle trailer Since we're still kicking around the truck (most likely going with a 2500HD Chevy/GMC) and in that thread people were talking about the weight of the boat+trailer+"stuff" I looked on the cert of origin and it appears the trailer is listed at 1,540# for "shipping weight". What else goes into shipping weight or should be consider that roughly the weight of the trailer empty? There's also a sticker on the trailer from the factory that says "built note. axles and bunks forward about 12" from standard". Guess Load Rite called the dealer twice to make sure it was a regular 264 going on it and not a Surf version going on it because they'd have to do something else. Not sure why axles and bunks go forward from a normal build tho. Weight distribution and CoG I'm assuming to help with tongue weight.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there should be a plate/label on your new trailer. Look at the GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating), and look for the GVCC (carrying capacity,how big a boat you can put on the trailer).  I have a GVWR of 8525, my carrying capacity is 7225. so my trailer weighs about 1300 lbs.  its aluminum.  steel would be more.   I know when they are shipped they are not totally assembled, so maybe there is some packaging.   your boat is lighter than my 255 ssi, a properly equipped 1500 would be fine for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shoot I didn't think to take a picture of the plate on it and it's not on the certificate of origin. It came assembled tho so I'm betting that 1,540 is pretty close to total. Ours is also aluminum. Once I get it registered, I'll be taking the trailer to be inspected before the boat comes in so I can look for the plate stamping then.

While a 1/2 ton truck PROBABLY would be fine, we're more comfortable with the 2500 for a few reasons: Ability to not have to worry about how many people (crew cab) and crap we pile in the truck for a weekend away, wanting to be able to plow with it in the future - I think we've decided to keep the old Dodge 1500 for now at least until the warranty on the new truck is done, then possibly put a plow on that, thinking ahead for what our max requirements may be in the future if we keep the truck long enough for the next boat, and we're getting some really good offers on the 3/4s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll be happy you went with the 2500HD. Nothing worse than being close to max and having a boat pushing you around as you travel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, watson524 said:

Shoot I didn't think to take a picture of the plate on it and it's not on the certificate of origin. It came assembled tho so I'm betting that 1,540 is pretty close to total. Ours is also aluminum. Once I get it registered, I'll be taking the trailer to be inspected before the boat comes in so I can look for the plate stamping then.

While a 1/2 ton truck PROBABLY would be fine, we're more comfortable with the 2500 for a few reasons: Ability to not have to worry about how many people (crew cab) and crap we pile in the truck for a weekend away, wanting to be able to plow with it in the future - I think we've decided to keep the old Dodge 1500 for now at least until the warranty on the new truck is done, then possibly put a plow on that, thinking ahead for what our max requirements may be in the future if we keep the truck long enough for the next boat, and we're getting some really good offers on the 3/4s.

I’m the guy in the thread you are referring to. Yes, I went with a F250 for the same reasons. Loved my f150, but I was at the max for that particular truck. Not all 1/2 tons have the same payload. You really have to check the door sticker. Mine was pretty low at 1168. Most XLT few option trucks were at 1500, while the new raptors were only 960. The 250 I got is on the lower side due to a ton of options, but at 2097, that’s way more than I’ll ever need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got out Yesterday...........54* no sun, no wind.

 

Shot an 91 with 4 sevens so I think it was a good day.

 

:drink-buddy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×