ruggierom

Need new rear seat - 196SSI

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a replacement seat cushion for a 2001 Chaparral 196SSI in white? I need it for the drivers side back seat.
Here is a photo. I also need the white plastic piece that the seat tab rests in. I've attached a photo of the two items for reference.

I'm really not sure what happened to the seat cushion but it's no longer on the boat, maybe it flew out : )

Thanks,
Michael

2001chap196ssi.png

being that old youll probably be SOL.  But you could call cecil marine and see if they could get you a skin. 

Either way anything factory will either be really hard to find or cost more than it should.  I would take the one on the other side to a local canvas or marine upholstery shop .  I'm sure they could create something that matches pretty close.

3 hours ago, ruggierom said:
Hi all,
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a replacement seat cushion for a 2001 Chaparral 196SSI in white? I need it for the drivers side back seat.
Here is a photo. I also need the white plastic piece that the seat tab rests in. I've attached a photo of the two items for reference.

I'm really not sure what happened to the seat cushion but it's no longer on the boat, maybe it flew out : )

Thanks,
Michael

2001chap196ssi.png

Complete skin or even the skin is almost certainly NLA; will need to have fabricated locally.

The white plastic upper seat holder piece I think was upgraded a to ss piece - sure looks like the same item I had to replace in an early 2000's 183 SS. Recommend calling Cecil Marine. Might as well replace for both PORT and STBD if you can still get replacement trim pieces.

I work part time at a canvas shop, and a good canvas shop can duplicate it.  Denny.

I used a shop called Bentleys in Portland (but they do national work) when I lost my rear seat cushion, the replacement matched almost perfectly.