Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rieck15

Waste tank gauge/indicator

8 posts in this topic

The waste tank indicator gauge on my 2004 Signature always seems to just be black??  I admit I don't let the tank get very full before I pump but, is my gauge working?  What does it look like when it's full? Or even half full?

I have a VacuFlush system, mine turns yellow when 3/4, then red when full.

You do have to be patient with it.  You will not get any indicator light until it is shows "3/4 full".  I didn't see that light either for the first 3 years I had the boat because I pumped out on a regular basis as well.

Thanks for the information.  I must be pumping before it gets enough to activate the light.  This spring I may fill the tank with water and check it that way just to make sure it's working. 

3 hours ago, IdahoPearl said:

You do have to be patient with it.  You will not get any indicator light until it is shows "3/4 full".  I didn't see that light either for the first 3 years I had the boat because I pumped out on a regular basis as well.

You could jump across the wires at the tank. It lest that would show that the gauge itself is working. But not the float.  

There is a sending unit of sorts (float) in the waste tank and they get gumped up all the time and and have to be rinsed off or your waste gauge may not work properly.  Additionally, I would check the electrical connections at the waste tank as well to make sure they're not corroded.  I cleaned mine up with a wire brush.  The trick is getting into the waste tank..I still can't get the cap off of mine and don't want to break it.

Easy way to do a good cleaning is to fill a couple gallons water then add a few bags of ice take out run around the lake pump out . Ice bangs around in tank cleans up good.