Newport2016

Engine Bay Actuator Grinding Noise

The actuator makes a grinding sound when I open and close the engine bay.  I noticed that it has a grease fitting.  Has anyone greased the actuator and did it stop the grinding sound? Also has anyone used a actuator that is not from Chaparral?  

Usually a grinding sound from a gear driven system means a replacement.  Grease it . You might get lucky.

Mine has been grinding for 5 years or more, I mean deafening grinding, embarrassing when someone is around.  I have tried greasing it, had no affect.  I keep thinking about getting a replacement, but they are expensive and hard to find.  I measured it up last fall hoping to find a suitable replacement but haven’t found one yet.

i have greased mine . didnt make it any quieter.  but it wasnt noisy to start with.  i would get any specs off the old one, take some pics of it and call the firgelliauto place and tell them what you trying to accomplish.  they should be able to help.  call and ask for product or tech support.

I had both of mine rebuilt think it cost me less than 500, they work great now.  I will see if I can find the company that did it. 

If you have this motor

then you more than likely need this coupling

IMG_1320.JPG

IMG_1322 (480x640).JPG