Will I need trim tabs on my 252?

I haven’t had the boat out yet so I’m not sure how it will handle and act underway with a load...seems odd to me that the boat didn’t come from the factory with tabs as my last two boats did. I’m hoping that means this hull is designed to keep itself level. Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, Wingnut said:

I was ready to trade my 256 until I added tabs. Changed the whole boat, even when not deployed.  W

Good to know...the guy I bought the boat from said he never felt like it needed tabs. It may have been his first boat.

16 hours ago, BrokeLoser said:

Good to know...the guy I bought the boat from said he never felt like it needed tabs. It may have been his first boat.

That 252 Sunesta doesn't have the same amount of deadrise as the 255/256 SSi, 256/267 SSx or 264 Sunesta hull, so you probably won't notice any issue. Hope you have fun with the boat.

If you feel you need trim tabs, shouldn't be a serious problem to install.

22 minutes ago, Shepherd1 said:

That 252 Sunesta doesn't have the same amount of deadrise as the 256 SSi/SSi or 264 Sunesta hull, so you probably won't notice any issue. Hope you have fun with the boat.

If you feel you need trim tabs, shouldn't be a serious problem to install.

Good point...I’ll report back after my first run in two weeks. Thanks fellas

We have a 1998 252 Sunesta with a 5.7 Volvo Penta stern drive and have owned it around a year in southern FL and have not found any reason to have tabs. We have experienced people moving around seated in the front or rear, if most are seated in the rear just push the throttle a little more to get on plane the you can back it off, I cruise at 3000-3400 rpm  22-26 mph.