Upside

2004 sig 330 questions

Well after 4 years with my 215ssi I took the plunge and bought a 330 Signature to explore the beautiful Puget Sound!

I have been searching and reading up on this boat from the forum, and have gotten tons of info.

I do have a couple questions identifying some things and the old boat owner isn't the best and communication so thought I would try here.

Does anyone know what these are?

Also any ideas or suggestions on how you organize your cabin and mount a grill :)

Thank you in advance,

Jeff

12 minutes ago, Upside said:

Well after 4 years with my 215ssi I took the plunge and bought a 330 Signature to explore the beautiful Puget Sound!

I have been searching and reading up on this boat from the forum, and have gotten tons of info.

I do have a couple questions identifying some things and the old boat owner isn't the best and communication so thought I would try here.

Also any ideas or suggestions on how you organize your cabin and mount a grill :)

Thank you in advance,

Jeff

Circuit Breakers       Push to re-set

Also the battery switch that you have circled is for both batteries to be connected in parallel I believe.

I concur, the one you have circled in the photo is to run all of you batteries in parallel, including I believe the house batteries.

The reason your starboard engine will not run, if the switches in the photo are the position you have them in, is because you do not have the starboard engine batter turned on.  When you put it in parallel, you do get some battery charge to that engine.

Switch both engines batteries on and leave the one you have circled off and both engines should run if both batteries are good.

When I was running the boat I did have all of the battery switches turned on, except for the one I pointed to.  Based on the label I believed it to be the parallel as well and so left it off.

But the port engine would not stay idle and kept dying, not like it was running out of fuel (no sputter) but like it was missing its spark.  When I turned that switch on the engine seemed to idle fine.  Perhaps it is a battery connection or low battery on Starboard, however I did check the connections and put my voltage reader on it.  Will check again.

Also thank you for the replies Wingnut, Coldone, and dsmacey.

Any idea what the box is in the 2nd picture, and why there is a random wire hanging down by it? :)

Thank you that helps a ton with identifying parts.  Used it tonight to order a part already

I don't believe that is a parallel switch, top row center is marked just for that. I would unscrew the panel and pull it out a few inches and see how its wired.

The next pic looks like your contractor/relay for your windless.

The last is a battery isolator, used to charge all the batteries up without them discharging into each other.

On the engine running rough, check all your batteries. You can buy for 35 to 50 a load tester to see if there any good.    

On 4/9/2018 at 4:39 PM, Upside said:

Thank you in advance,

Jeff

Hey Jeff. Congrats on new boat. You will love it. 

I have done some custom add ons on our 330. I added a flat screen tv where the old one was mounted with a articulating bracket to swing out in cabin, upgraded stereo system and added speakers, upgraded all GPS, added lights and some other things. As for the grill I bought a Kumma and pedestal mount base and mounted it right on the swim platform on port side. Works great because its out of the way and if anything spills it can be easily cleaned off and washed away with transom shower. When not in use I unscrew pedestal from base and store that and the grill in the port side under the seat. Hope that gives you some ideas ! Good luck. 

330-

Thanks for the ideas.  Down in the cabin there is a flat screen TV along with a DVD player and stereo. The stereo isn't really working but seems to be hooked up only to the speakers in the cabin. Up top he has a stereo mounted to the left of the raymarine nav unit that runs the speakers in the Radar Arch. Not sure if there are two stereos stock or if he added the second one in cockpit? I replaced that unit with my Fusion already, not sure if I'm going to try and tie the whole system together or just keep two stereos. I do like the idea I've seen where there is a tv mounted on arch  might try that after I get a few months under my belt and finish all of the regular maintenance items...

I like the kumma mount idea, seems easy to store and clean. Wife already wants a tender not sure how that complicates the use of swim platform.

Suns out tomorrow we are going to spend a couple hours on the lake!