Greg@ultimate

Boat ramps on Winnipesaukee

Looking for boat ramp recomendations at Winnipesaukee, gonna trailer up from Ct. Have any recommendations on where to go on the lake?

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, Greg@ultimate said:

Does anybody trailer to Winnepesaukee?

I guess no one on this board, ey?  Did you make the trip?  I've been thinking about heading up there sometime, just to see what it's like to boat a lake and freshwater but I hear it's pretty nuts in the summertime.  A lot of clowns speeding in no-wake zones and drunken goofballs and fights and all that.  Can't be that bad all the time but everything I hear is that it gets pretty crowded during the 3 months.  Where do you boat out of CT?  And is that a 257 or 277?

Hey Hatem, guess you can see I’m not on here much. Never did make it there last year, try again this year? We have a 257 that we spend a lot of time on Candlewood Lake in Ct.  We almost never make it to salt. We prefer fresh water and top of the food chain, haha.

54 minutes ago, Greg@ultimate said:

Hey Hatem, guess you can see I’m not on here much. Never did make it there last year, try again this year? We have a 257 that we spend a lot of time on Candlewood Lake in Ct.  We almost never make it to salt. We prefer fresh water and top of the food chain, haha.

Oh hey look who decided to chime in 5 months later LOL! :D Awesome, man good to hear from you!  Hope all is well.

If you feel like having a get-together, I'd be more than happy to trailer the 276 with the kids (my family nickname) and come up there and hang have a blast for a weekend.  Although Lake Winnipesaukee on the weekends can be a disaster from heII!  Weekdays would probably be much better and more enjoyable.  But either way, if you would like to make it a fun get-together, let me know ahead of time, I'd be more than happy to come up there and do some fresh water boating.  I'll try out my new kayak and also my new paddle board.

Nice-looking 257 you got there, too.  I have a couple friends who own property right on or near the water, too. 

Not sure if this weather pattern will ever change? Hoping to get there this year. Thanks for the offer.

If you ever want a change of scenery, you should try the Connecticut River.  You're probably only 30 minutes from some of the ramps on the lower part.