Greg@ultimate

Boat ramps on Winnipesaukee

Looking for boat ramp recomendations at Winnipesaukee, gonna trailer up from Ct. Have any recommendations on where to go on the lake?

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, Greg@ultimate said:

Does anybody trailer to Winnepesaukee?

I guess no one on this board, ey?  Did you make the trip?  I've been thinking about heading up there sometime, just to see what it's like to boat a lake and freshwater but I hear it's pretty nuts in the summertime.  A lot of clowns speeding in no-wake zones and drunken goofballs and fights and all that.  Can't be that bad all the time but everything I hear is that it gets pretty crowded during the 3 months.  Where do you boat out of CT?  And is that a 257 or 277?

Hey Hatem, guess you can see I’m not on here much. Never did make it there last year, try again this year? We have a 257 that we spend a lot of time on Candlewood Lake in Ct.  We almost never make it to salt. We prefer fresh water and top of the food chain, haha.

54 minutes ago, Greg@ultimate said:

Hey Hatem, guess you can see I’m not on here much. Never did make it there last year, try again this year? We have a 257 that we spend a lot of time on Candlewood Lake in Ct.  We almost never make it to salt. We prefer fresh water and top of the food chain, haha.

Oh hey look who decided to chime in 5 months later LOL! :D Awesome, man good to hear from you!  Hope all is well.

If you feel like having a get-together, I'd be more than happy to trailer the 276 with the kids (my family nickname) and come up there and hang have a blast for a weekend.  Although Lake Winnipesaukee on the weekends can be a disaster from heII!  Weekdays would probably be much better and more enjoyable.  But either way, if you would like to make it a fun get-together, let me know ahead of time, I'd be more than happy to come up there and do some fresh water boating.  I'll try out my new kayak and also my new paddle board.

Nice-looking 257 you got there, too.  I have a couple friends who own property right on or near the water, too. 

Not sure if this weather pattern will ever change? Hoping to get there this year. Thanks for the offer.

If you ever want a change of scenery, you should try the Connecticut River.  You're probably only 30 minutes from some of the ramps on the lower part.

For future reference, there are public ramps all over the lake. Nearly every town has at least one. I'm familiar with the ones in Meredith, Shep Browns (also Meredith) and Center Harbor, but there are loads of them. We live near Shep Browns, FWIW - and Shep's sells Chaparral boats. 

Fay’s Boat Yard all the way— in Gilford on the south side of the lake, $20 ramp charge— fantastic service & great community. Ramp is busy when you expect it to be (Saturday’s & Sunday’s) but the access is fantastic & you won’t have to deal w the craziness of the public launches

On 5/5/2019 at 9:40 AM, Greg@ultimate said:

Not sure if this weather pattern will ever change? Hoping to get there this year. Thanks for the offer.

Any of you fellas hear of the boat fire that happened there last week,  I think?  Wasn't even at a gas dock but anchored within a bunch of other boats.  Captain goes to crank engine said he thought he smelled gas fumes but decided to turn it anyway and KABOOM!  I have a pic somewhere I'm sure it's on Google. 

6 people on board jumped into the water I think just some minor injuries talk about lucky.  Those usually are not without some serious injuries. 

Any of you guys hear of that?

Don't know about the boat fire but there was a boat explosion on Keuka Lake @ the antique boat show regatta in Hammondsport on July 21.

https://13wham.com/news/local/two-injured-in-boat-explosion-on-keuka-lake

My son, grandson and myself were there that morning checking out the antique boats and left about 30 min before this happened as my 3 year old grandson was adamant that he wanted to go home and go kayaking with his daddy...….. so we left.

15 hours ago, ColdOne said:

Don't know about the boat fire but there was a boat explosion on Keuka Lake @ the antique boat show regatta in Hammondsport on July 21.

https://13wham.com/news/local/two-injured-in-boat-explosion-on-keuka-lake

My son, grandson and myself were there that morning checking out the antique boats and left about 30 min before this happened as my 3 year old grandson was adamant that he wanted to go home and go kayaking with his daddy...….. so we left.

Wow, that was crazy!  Look at the top cap of that bow just fold up like that!?!?  Interesting to see that because you would think that is where the explosion happened, and why would it explode at the bow?  Unless that's just the way the boat came apart from the pressure of the explosion.

No, I was talking about a boat on Lake Winnipesaukee, I think.  Maybe I'm mistaken but I'll try to find it.  Thanks for posting that, dude.  Do you boat this lake?

39 minutes ago, Hatem said:

Do you boat this lake?

No we vacation here we boat on Lake Ontario.

Keuka lake is one of the eleven Finger Lakes in upstate NY. The region is filled with wineries, breweries, farmers markets and quaint little towns. 

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:12 AM, ColdOne said:

No we vacation here we boat on Lake Ontario.

Keuka lake is one of the eleven Finger Lakes in upstate NY. The region is filled with wineries, breweries, farmers markets and quaint little towns. 

Sounds like my kinda place. :) How is Lake Ontario?  I heard mixed opinions like for the most part, it's absolutely gorgeous and in certain areas it's not so great, probably because of the commercial aspect?  Any truth to that?

Since I'm strictly a salt water guy -- and even when I trailer long distances to meet up with other Chap owners, it seems we still end up in salt water --- and honesty, I'm really looking for a fresh water experience.  Nearest decent-sized lake to us is Lake Winnipesaukee and I have two friends who own cabins near that lake.  One is rentable (I think lol) but the other isn't since it's rented year-round to someone.  Other than that, might have to trailer all the way up to the Great Lakes and meet up with @Denny!  That would be a hike but I should look it up.