Sign in to follow this  
KY 256ssi

Xr prop wrench

Help to find the correct prop wrench for xr drive. Love to find on Ebay but all I see are Volvo. Anyone know where to find the xr wrench?

mmmmmm, Not to many 256's out there with Bravo ones.

Do you also have a Wipple on the motor?

No. Its built out by Phoenix Marine. I really don't know much about it but old guy I bought it off of said 600 hp. He didn't have much information on it.

Another Kentuckian here.  Where do you boat?  I'm on Laurel Lake.

1 hour ago, KY 256ssi said:

I figured out it's a McGard prop lock. I can not find the locking socket. Screwed...

YOU CAN TRY TO CALL MCGARD DIRECT AND SEE IF THEY CAN HELP YOU. YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO CHECK SEVERAL BOAT DEALERS AND SEE IF THEY HAVE A MASTER KIT. IN THE AUTO WORLD WE ALL HAVE MASTER SETS FROM MCGARD FOR OUR PARTICULAR LINES.

That's where I went as a kid.  Grandparents had a cabin, a pontoon and a Johnson runabout.  My mother was the youngest of 11, and I was her youngest.  Lots of cousins vying for rope time!  Not too far from Wax.

Nolin now is a far cry from what I remember.  Last time I was there a few years ago, all I could stand to do was find a cove and hang out, what with all the traffic.  Amazing.  Weekdays were OK, though.