Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ming

2006 SSI 246 question

10 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone!

I bought a used boat that is SSI246 in 2006.

The words above these buttons are no longer clear, who can tell me what these buttons are? What is the specific use of?

This information is important for me!

Thank you so much!

IMG_5935.JPG.343307962b84aaae34d493e3d1652052.JPG

Hard to say as they can be wired to anything and not all are used but the possibilities include thru-hull exhaust, accessory, bilge pump, blower, nav/anchor light, cockpit lights, engine room lights, horn, docking lights, engine hatch, wiper, and the like.  W

If you use the pic you took and enlarge it you can make out most if the words on the switch. You may want to make new labels or acquire new switches and swap out.

I could read all but 2 switches.   A electrically savvy person can read & trace most gauges. Some look very new. But still Chaparral. . A call to a dealer. Or seeing if this site has your boat manual will help a lot.

We have a very helpful Chaparral dealer that posts on this site.  Forgot his name.  A P M to him might do it ?

To be honest, there are many kinds of lights here.

I don't know when these can be used, such as driving at night or stopping, which should be used?

1 hour ago, Ming said:

IMG_3290.JPG.f15806870b2a4bbdd9e85a99a49927ee.JPG

Nice riding boat. New covers can be had and installed if you're patient and have the switch actuator removal too. Great care will be needed to ensure the silk screen wood grain is not damaged during re&re - several layers of masking tape works well. I'd just replace all the covers one at a time with the special too (order vertical style covers of course)

Cecil Marine are an excellent source for factory covers.

http://www.cecilmarineonline.com/switch-covers/

This tool helps a lot!

Image 1

NOTE: regardless if you have underwater lights currently, you can certainly install the switch cover below, as it became available well after your boat ceased production. Put it in my own 186 SSi for underwater lights I installed and gives the boat a factory look of course.  If you don't have a spare accy switch, but there is a switch cover for exhaust but boat is not equipped with Quick and Quiet exhaust, than it could go there too. Just a thought.

Image 1