Sign in to follow this  
1naylor

Dual battery wannabe here- easy question I think

21 hours ago, 1naylor said:

This is exactly the plan right now.     Still gonna run the ACR between the batteries to charge both at once though.    Parts in the mail ! Thanks!

Ok.   I was out there tonight doing some other work.   Not sure what to do with this one wire.    right now the negative cable from the STARTER - goes directly to my battery negative terminal.    What do I do with this sucker?   The Positive to the starter just goes to the battery switch.   Thank you!

Starter does not have a ground wire. Is housing is the ground and grounds to the block via being bolted to it. So it it the main ground from the block? 

Not sure if there was a pic or link, no sure what wire you are stuck on?

Leavevthecrxisting ground wire as-is.  Simply jumper from the negative post on battery #1 to the negative post on battery #2.

brick

1naylor, this isn't all that complex.

I did a similar install to my 2009 196 SSi a couple years ago. I used the automatic charging relay (SI-ACR #7610) from Blue Sea Systems swapped out the stock Blue Sea battery switch with their Dual Circuit Plus m-series switch #6011 (this was an exact replacement/switch so no modification was necessary). I did the load-side install and added appropriate spark proof 100 Amp circuit breakers between the ACR and Dual switch.

The install was not really difficult at all but take time and make your own appropriately sized cables with heavy heat shrink to tidy things up a bit.

For original thread, pics and more details see:

http://forum.chaparralboats.com/index.php?/topic/33885-blue-sea-systems-acr-wiring/#comment-364997