wijeff

Volvo duo prop question

Can you tell me is there front to back slop on the front prop of the Volvo penta dp drive?

I have movement only on the front prop bigger one of the two props it slips by hand about 1/4 front to back is there something I am missing just dont seam correct. thanks

2 hours ago, wijeff said:

Can you tell me is there front to back slop on the front prop of the Volvo penta sx drive?

I have movement only on the front prop bigger one of the two props it slips by hand about 1/4 front to back is there something I am missing just dont seam correct. thanks

Sounds like you put the jam nut on backward. It needs to have the bevel side toward the prop, and actually looks a bit odd when you put it on, almost like it should be the other way around.  W

49 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

Sounds like you put the jam nut on backward. It needs to have the bevel side toward the prop, and actually looks a bit odd when you put it on, almost like it should be the other way around.  W

I was double guessing myself  so I pulled it off with the nut being on correct I put it back on all is ok now . Just don't understand what the nut was jamming on cause I torqued it to 45lb and it had the 1/4 of slop .  I don't know so I think trump had something to do with it lol thanks wingnuts saves me again 

9 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

TOO funny about Trumpy..  :D

Also a chuckle about the drive.

slop on the front prop of the Volvo penta sx drive

SX drive is only a single prop.:D