Bt Doctur

SPAM ATTACK

59 posts in this topic

You guys don't need any reports written for you(I've only seen that one so far).  As an Engineer I could use a service like that occasionally.  Not sure how they get their information, probably stealing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy cr@p, this is nuts!  Webbie, where are you??

What if ... they were selling a boat? (sorry, tongue in cheek)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Admin doesn't seem to pay any attention to their web.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem is Chaparral offers this site to look like they have an online presence to new buyers.  But they put heavy handed rules that prevent a used market between members, they spend next to nothing on the site and only allow 50kb for pics.

I myself am wondering why I still come back?  I guess it is an addiction, but I'm actively looking for an alternative.  You know someplace you like to go and share with like-minded folks, which is what this site is.  But not being able to share pics easily, and with no classified adds, this site will be useless when Wingnut and Shepherd leave.  

There are only about a dozen of us here that have been here more than a couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duane2135 said:

... and only allow 50kb for pics.

Are you sure you are talking about the pictures and albums feature on this site, or about the attachments that are limited for a reason?

I have megabytes of decent resolution images stored in the albums on this site, I used to have even more. The fact that user can upload images to this forum and linked to them is unique compared with other forums and useful, especially if one wants to reply quickly and illustrate the point with an image without messing with photobuckets and such.

No annoying ads is also a plus ... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Richard W said:

No annoying ads is also a plus ... :)

Indeed it is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I spent the night doing a CSI on the IP address where all the spam is coming from and I have the first few letters of the user name identified. Sea Ra...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Duane2135 said:

Problem is Chaparral offers this site to look like they have an online presence to new buyers.  But they put heavy handed rules that prevent a used market between members, they spend next to nothing on the site and only allow 50kb for pics.

I myself am wondering why I still come back?  I guess it is an addiction, but I'm actively looking for an alternative.  You know someplace you like to go and share with like-minded folks, which is what this site is.  But not being able to share pics easily, and with no classified adds, this site will be useless when Wingnut and Shepherd leave.  

There are only about a dozen of us here that have been here more than a couple of years.

Me too, I think because I'm bored at work.  With that said offshoreonly is a great website,  it caters more to performance but does have a little of everything.  That website is light years ahead of this site which frankly is garbage.  Reality is its the same 15-20 people on here day to day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, soldier4402 said:

Me too, I think because I'm bored at work.  With that said offshoreonly is a great website,  it caters more to performance but does have a little of everything.  That website is light years ahead of this site which frankly is garbage.  Reality is its the same 15-20 people on here day to day.

I like that this site is pretty focused.  But when too focused, you do loose some of the expanse of people out there.  The picture thing is really annoying, and with cheap media storage not excusable.  But, I learned a lot here and will contribute when I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

somebody better get focused cause the spammers are turning this site  into junk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Duane2135 said:

Problem is Chaparral offers this site to look like they have an online presence to new buyers.  But they put heavy handed rules that prevent a used market between members, they spend next to nothing on the site and only allow 50kb for pics.

I myself am wondering why I still come back?  I guess it is an addiction, but I'm actively looking for an alternative.  You know someplace you like to go and share with like-minded folks, which is what this site is.  But not being able to share pics easily, and with no classified adds, this site will be useless when Wingnut and Shepherd leave.  

There are only about a dozen of us here that have been here more than a couple of years.

I know not everybody has a Facebook account and I know it may seem a little "trite", but the Chaparral Owners Facebook group is very active, easy to post photos to, and is run really well by Aaron And CiCi (originally from this forum). If you have a Facebook account, you owe it to yourself to check it out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you expect them to pay much attention to a site that only attracts a dozen or so participants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wingnut said:

OK, I spent the night doing a CSI on the IP address where all the spam is coming from and I have the first few letters of the user name identified. Sea Ra...

Sea Rats? Never heard of, I know plenty of River Rats ... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Phillbo said:

Why would you expect them to pay much attention to a site that only attracts a dozen or so participants. 

OMG, LMAO. It's not that it only attracts a dozen or so, there have been hundreds, if not thousands that have come by only to loose interest because it's so hard to post pics.  Storage is cheap!  Pony up a little cash Chap, you may be suprised to see what this site could be.  

They don't have a problem gaining interest, the problem is keeping it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TexasPilot71 said:

I know not everybody has a Facebook account and I know it may seem a little "trite", but the Chaparral Owners Facebook group is very active, easy to post photos to, and is run really well by Aaron And CiCi (originally from this forum). If you have a Facebook account, you owe it to yourself to check it out.  

I'll give it a look.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Duane2135 said:

Storage is cheap!  Pony up a little cash Chap, you may be suprised to see what this site could be.

Again, stop criticizing limited attachments function and start using albums and photos feature on this site. You might be surprised what little research can do and what you can get from this site. Just visit your profile, create an album, and start loading your pictures. It seems no limits are in place on the number of photos you can load and link to from your posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outer Banks, Corolla, NC

Took Richard's advice, gave it a try.  Easy.  Drag & drop to album, then just copied/pasted this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now