Bt Doctur

SPAM ATTACK

another test . . . bigger.  Works well.  Thanks Richard.

SeaDek, extra ski eyes

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:15 AM, Roady68 said:

I like that this site is pretty focused.  But when too focused, you do loose some of the expanse of people out there.  The picture thing is really annoying, and with cheap media storage not excusable.  But, I learned a lot here and will contribute when I can.

ON many forums the general forums tend to get off kilter and go anywhere.  But take for instance on offshoreonly, they have the general forum which goes anywhere, but also have mechanical forums, upgrade forums, forums for specific brands etc,  it can get really pointed but also be very loose. 

Do you see an Albums tab? . . . to create an album . . . 

They need to replace the Sticky for posting pictures with a new one that shows how to use the profile albums.  It s pretty easy to do.

Can/will somebody please do something about the crap that has taken over this website!!!!!!! 

This site has gone to #$^%!

See ya guys elsewhere.  It’s totally out of control.

No @#$%@#.... the Admins are snoozing on the job for sure. 

They have already done it once a day ago, they will scrub it again, and again as needed. Just don't expect 24/7 (3 shifts, 3 full time jobs) monitoring of the site.

I don't get it why the people are upset with the site and admin, and not with the spammers responsible for the mess?

2 minutes ago, Richard W said:

They have already done it once a day ago, they will scrub it again, and again as needed. Just don't expect 24/7 (3 shifts, 3 full time jobs) monitoring of the site.

I don't get it why the people are upset with the site and admin, and not with the spammers responsible for the mess?

Richard, please believe me I am 20 times more pissed at them than the webbie’s. I just don’t where to vent frustrations with them. 

Hopefully they will go away soon.

I just realized that the site was not scrubbed yet after the first attack ... somebody must be on a sick leave, vacation, or something.

Never seen a site this poorly smacked with spam.  I was an admin at a car site for 10 years.  I know how this works.  

First of all, you have methods in place to prevent it.  And you have MULTIPLE people with admin rights.

its out of control.

8 hours ago, Richard W said:

I just realized that the site was not scrubbed yet after the first attack ... somebody must be on a sick leave, vacation, or something.

That will be me, until they get this SPAM off the site. Not worth scrolling through all the junk just to find a legit topic.

same thing happened at sterndrives.com and they ended up shutting the site down.Wonder why no Mod has stepped in ?

10 minutes ago, Bt Doctur said:

.Wonder why no Mod has stepped in ?

asleep-at-the-wheel-commercial.jpg

Wow, five pages of crap.  Sad no one here has admin rights to monitor and removed this stuff.  

Dear ed ,

Thank you for your inquiry. This is just an auto response to let you know that we have received your request for additional information and one of Chaparral Boats, Inc.'s knowledgeable team members will be responding to you in a timely manner. If you do not receive a response promptly, please ----------- to contact Chaparral directly.

Thank you for your interest,

Robin Keller

15 minutes ago, Bt Doctur said:

Dear ed ,

Thank you for your inquiry. This is just an auto response to let you know that we have received your request for additional information and one of Chaparral Boats, Inc.'s knowledgeable team members will be responding to you in a timely manner. If you do not receive a response promptly, please ----------- to contact Chaparral directly.

Thank you for your interest,

Robin Keller

They don't seem to care

Surprised that my long lost uncle from Nigeria hasn't posted!

14 minutes ago, Bt Doctur said:

THANK YOU Chapparal

Yes!