Bt Doctur

SPAM ATTACK

4 hours ago, Richard W said:

Am I not seeing right, or Chap just scrubbed the site clean?

:captain:

Spring cleaning might be needed again. If the robots with posting   A I,   are working.

On 5/3/2018 at 0:40 AM, Richard W said:

Again, stop criticizing limited attachments function and start using albums and photos feature on this site. You might be surprised what little research can do and what you can get from this site. Just visit your profile, create an album, and start loading your pictures. It seems no limits are in place on the number of photos you can load and link to from your posts.

I missed your previous post.  I'll have to try what you are saying, because the last time I tried that approach (years ago) every pic I posted, replaced the previous pic I had uploaded.  They must have expanded the image library, because it was very limited in the past.

... so what am I missing?  I'm only allowed 500k for attachments in total and each pic for the Gallery must be under 20.4kb per pic?  It's so small I can't even attach or upload a pic of the error message.  Maybe I could put a thumbnail of it up?

I am on some very, very large forums (F-150 forums, Mustang forums) that do not allow attaching pictures.   Most everyone uploads them to a hosting site, like imagebb (allows public access to pictures, no ads, much better than Photobucket ever was) and then links to the pictures in their posts using BB Code.

But here, you can have your own photo albums under your profile.   It is simple then to add pictures to your posts.

1.  You upload pictures to your Album or Albums under your profile.

2.  At the bottom of the posting window (you know, where you type), instead of selecting a file click on the button all the way right called "Insert other media."

3.  Choose "Insert existing attachment."

4.  Select the picture you want to add to the post by clicking on the checkmark in the picture.

5.  Click on the "Insert Selected" button and voila.  Your picture will show up in the post!

Just like below:

large.IMG_0242.jpg.624fa1d229b03b5ed14c4995d74acf46.jpg

6 hours ago, dsmacey said:

I am on some very, very large forums (F-150 forums, Mustang forums) that do not allow attaching pictures.   Most everyone uploads them to a hosting site, like imagebb (allows public access to pictures, no ads, much better than Photobucket ever was) and then links to the pictures in their posts using BB Code.

Yup ... this is the standard. Very few if any (of the forum sites I use) allow for picture upload and management. Totally not understand the fuss people make about it. This, what you described above, is the "industry standard" ... anything more is a bonus.

On 5/3/2018 at 11:58 AM, Futzin' said:

Do you see an Albums tab? . . . to create an album . . . 

Unless I'm blind, I don't see an album tab in my profile

Oh wait, for me it's not in my profile, but at the top of any page I see "+Create" and it says "status", "topic" or "gallery image"

I suppose you can use "gallery image" function and upload your photo to one of two forum's galleries, and still link to the image from your post/reply.

There should be three blue tabs on your profile page: Activity, About Me, and Albums. Actually only two inactive tabs are blue at any given time. The Albums tab lets one to create personal albums and manage images in these albums.

Albums wouldn't show up until I went to +create image gallery on the main page just in case anyone has the same problem or did