Sign in to follow this  
dsmacey

Spring and Annual Maintenance Done!

Had the 264 Xtreme in the shop for a few weeks getting annual and spring maintenance done and picked her up a couple of weeks ago.  Kind of a long list this year, but after 8 years things just start to need fixing :)

All fluids changed, impeller replaced, new bilge pump (old one stopped working, would trip breaker immediately turned on), new actuators on both trim tabs, transom shower enclosure replaced (lid on old one would not lock down, was the old model where it slid down after closing to lock - plastic tab that locked it down broke), add a ProSport ProMariner 20 charger and plug-in so no need to lift seat cushions to plug it in, fixed the speedometer (again, but it will stop working in a couple of weeks - I guarantee it), added a Boat Vent III to the bow cover (center snap for the supporting pole was starting to fray the canvas), fixed a few snaps, replaced the little bungee cords at the stern end of the cockpit cover, replaced bow nav light (old one would not flip anymore), 

Finally, had her fully detailed.  After 8 years, even with regular washing and waxing, sitting in the marina year round with our sun the gelcoat was fading quite a bit.  Had her fully wet sanded, polished and waxed.  Looks like a brand new boat again!

I hope spring has finally sprung for all of you up North and you are getting everything ready for the boating season!

And I still think Chaparral makes a sexy looking boat.  Even 9 years old, they look better than almost every new boat out there from other brands:

large.IMG_0084.JPG.f131866d4ef33abc03930407d4a0322c.JPGlarge.IMG_0241.jpg.73760ab16b32228f1acdf6e5612b2ab2.jpglarge.IMG_0242.jpg.624fa1d229b03b5ed14c4995d74acf46.jpg

I fotgot to add, added SeaDek to my swim platform.

Lake Mead is about 130 feet low from it being full, right now at 1083 ft above sea level.  Went up quite a bit more than average last year, as I am sure Powell did too.  Doesn't look like this year will be very good.

Somehow they manage to always keep it just above 1075 ft.  If it goes below for a period of time then mandatory water restrictions for California kick in.  People around here hope it will happen and force California to really enact some serious water restrictions.

That is a sharp looking boat. Like the f150 too. Ecoboost or 5.0?

Thanks!

Ecoboost with Max Tow Package.  Nothing about a 264 is light :)

Nice. This past fall i replaced a 2002 silverado K-1500 with a new F-150 FX4 with the 3.5TT, 10speed transmission, max tow package, and 3.55 rear-end. The two times I have pulled my 226 ssi really impressed me.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, dsmacey said:

Somehow they manage to always keep it just above 1075 ft.  If it goes below for a period of time then mandatory water restrictions for California kick in.  People around here hope it will happen and force California to really enact some serious water restrictions.

This is a current topic in several Colorado River Water Managers offices today.  The CAP(Central Arizona Project), has been pumping water into their aquifers to maintain the lake at this "sweet spot", rather than instituting conservation measures like the upper Colorado basin users have done.  There have been some pretty heated letters going between offices in the last few months.  Some of the upper Colorado users are calling for a renegotiation of the Colorado River Compact, and the city of Pueblo has pulled out of the Users group completely.

It needs to be renegotiated.   A lot has changed since 1922.

Follow the money trail.  The water will appear suddenly.

The SeaDek turned out great.  We ended up going with the factory swim platform mat from Chaparral, which I am told is in fact SeaDek.  I think I mentioned in another post I was going to do Gator Step.  But due to circumstances with them and someone I know who used to work for them, decided to not do business with them.  In the end, dealer gave me a great deal on the OEM mat.

Not the best picture, but the one I had handy.  It lines up perfectly with everything and they did a great job installing it.

There is a cutout for the swim platform vent, which my swim platform does not have.  Knew this going in, so wasn't surprised.  We have a template for the vent cutout and I am debating what to fill it in with.  Don't need another Chaparral logo, already has a big one.  So I may or may not have a piece cut to fill it in.  Still deciding.  Maybe if the Golden Knights win the Stanley Cup I will do a Knights logo :)