watson524

Anyone work in a really noisy environment that requires hearing protection?

Looking to see if we have any landscapers or other industrial types that use bluetooth over the ear hearing protection with a mic boom and enough noise canceling that you could maybe carry on a conversation with while mowing?

We do use the mickey mouse ear protection headphones and noise cancelling mics when testing BIG (2,500 kW) CAT, Cummins and MTU generator sets at work. Those machines are exponentially louder than a lawn mower.

But they are the very pricey, wired, professional Motorola ones. I would suppose a Bluetooth would be the same.

May favorite is the throat mic with the "on mic" or remote PTT button.

I always found that the microphone was the problem.

Until a dirt biker asked if I would do his helmet up. Speaker in the earpiece of foam. The microphone above & to the side to lessen moisture from his strenuous breath. Did the job good enough for 2 way conversation with cheap parts. We never found that a cloth over the microphone was needed to soak up mouth moisture.

I found a couple sets that were in the $800 range which is way way more than I'm willing to spend just to be able to mow grass during conference calls. The 3M worktunes looked ok but I'd go into that knowing I can't talk while mowing

Bose aviation headsets, but you're looking at $1k each plus whatever intercom system you'd need.

My conference call is............ "  There is no toilet paper in here !  "

On 5/10/2018 at 5:22 PM, cyclops2 said:

My conference call is............ "  There is no toilet paper in here !  "

LOL! I wish!!! 

I am going with the 3m Worktunes with bluetooth. I found a model that doesn't have the AM/FM which is good because I'd never use it.