Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pigeon

What anodes do i need?

9 posts in this topic

I've actually asked this before and never figured it out, I wanna get some new anodes because the ones I have don't seem to be working, even though the boat was in fresh water before and I keep it in lake Erie now. 

Anyways when I search for Volvo DP anodes it shows one that goes behind the prop on the shaft I believe and a little strip that I'm not sure where it goes, however the anodes I have now is what comes up under Volvo SX. I don't know what that is I have a 2005 255ssi with a Volvo DP drive? 

I'm not asking what type of metal, I'm trying to figure what anodes to get and where they go

My unit has two. One on top of the "beaver tail" exhaust port and the other is on the bottom, underside of the transom shield. I don't think yours will have one on the prop shaft.

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0728GZJC7/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1526079272&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=volvo+magnesium

I'm thinking it's this,  I'm not sure why it says Volvo SX and the one that says Volvo duo dose not look like it will work. 

Unfortunately I have 10 merc dealers near me and 0 volvo. 

Jeez I don't know the ones on there look like this. And there are 2?

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007D292ZC/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1526079444&sr=8-3&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011&rps=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=volvo+magnesium&dpPl=1&dpID=41-4FR9d9hL&ref=plSrch

3 hours ago, Richard W said:

BoatZincs to the rescue ... http://www.boatzincs.com/DPS-AlumKit.html

These are AL, if you need a different metal go back to the sidebar on the left and navigate to Sterndrive Anodes, Volvo Penta, etc.

Yep, those are the ones you need, but probably in magnesium.

15 hours ago, Richard W said:

BoatZincs to the rescue ... http://www.boatzincs.com/DPS-AlumKit.html

These are AL, if you need a different metal go back to the sidebar on the left and navigate to Sterndrive Anodes, Volvo Penta, etc.

Are you sure? That's not where the ones I have now are, do you think I can add them and keep mine?  These look like the ones I have now.

http://www.boatzincs.com/volvo_penta_SX_kit_mag.html

I don't know what drive you have ... seems that yours might be a two generations back DP-SM. The anodes I have linked are good for the last two generations of VP drives ... DPS-A and DPS-B, as well as their SX equivalent. Buy the exact replacement for the anodes you have.

BTW, the VP drive model names confuse the heck out of me ... DeeP S%@#X ... :)

Apparently you don’t have the drive I thought you do. I would duplicate what came off the drive. Sorry.