watson524

Floating objects in Lake Wallenpaupack

Heads up to anyone that boats on the Paupack. It is REALLY high, even for this time of year, and there are a LOT of large floating trees and branches. Be careful. It's currently a touch above 1,187' which is about 3-4' above normal for this time of year and is more like a June level for what it has to be on the first of the month. It has come up really fast in recent weeks with the rain and this weekend's weather is not going to help the cause.

I was out last week and noticed some lumber floating.  I really wish they'd keep the level high tho!

I do like the high levels, especially now that I have a depth gauge and a GPS system LOL! There's a big tree right smack in the middle just before the overlook area heading up to the #%^$&%$ as of about 3:30 today. Don't often see something that large right out in the open

how bad did todays storm hit the Lake?  I'm wondering if I should go check on my boat

We went over to ours about 5:30 and with the full mooring cover on I think I was expecting worse around the tower but it wasn't bad. The river stayed surprisingly "clean" tho that was immediately after the storm stopped so who knows what may come down tonite. I'm thinking tucked where you are you'll be ok. 

I drove home in the worst of it through Tobyhanna and that was BRUTAL! Rocks and debris were flying all over.

Just hoping the wind didn't do any damage to my boat.  Guess I better go up after work

I was pleasantly surprised to find that my boat was dry.  Not even that wet in the normal places.  Only a little bit of water in the bilge too.  No wind damage or anything either.  But there is a tree floating at the end of our docks!

Glad to hear all is ok! Wonder if that's the tree that was out in the center and found its way into the cove or if another one came along.

You should see the Hudson River after a storm. Trees, logs and even complete telephone poles floating around. Like running the gauntlet sometimes.