JPW

is there an hours meter on a 244 Sunesta?

7 posts in this topic

I've got a Chap 2008 244 SUNESTA EXTREME

It has the perfect pass ski system

I've never been able to find engine hours meter  - is there something hidden.  I've never been able to find one on any of the gauges or looking in the manual.

I don't know where it would be located but you can have your ECM scanned and pull the hours. 

I would think it should be in the Tachometer.  Was the tach removed to make room for the perfect pass?

There is.  You can find it it the SmartCraft gauge, which I believe you will have on a 2008 244, but it is not easy to find.

Is it a Mercury or Volvo engine?

I think it is the same for both.  When you have the SmartCraft gauge showing the digital RPM (get there by the Up or Down arrow keys to get to RPM), press enter and it should show the engine hours.

Here is the quick reference for the Smartcraft gauge:

large.5af86fc2a72c0_ScreenShot2018-05-13at10_01_01AM.png.b5ee0f625111a590b53aced3558727fa.png

Sweet - and thanks. it was hidden in the smartcraft gauge.    OUtstanding.  many thanks

11 hours ago, JPW said:

Sweet - and thanks. it was hidden in the smartcraft gauge.    OUtstanding.  many thanks

OK, now the million dollar question, HOW MANY HOURS???

Ha - ONLY 218H on my girl.

She mostly is a mobile on-the water cooler / stereo.  I motor about 20 feet offshore and we all stand around her in the water off the beach.